- Avoiding the Radiation DANGERS of Cardiac CAT Scans. Ozner, Michael // Life Extension;Mar2008, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p50
The article discusses how to balance the benefits and risks of computerized axial tomography (CAT) scans to maximize an individual's current and future state of health. According to the article, CAT scans can be helpful for diagnosing symptomatic patients, however their inappropriate overuse may...
- 2012 American Roentgen Ray Society Annual Meeting: Risk of CT-induced cancer minimal compared to risk of dying from disease. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;5/7/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article offers information on the experimental findings presented at the 2012 annual meeting of the American Roentgen Ray Society which revealed that the risk of developing cancer due to abdominopelvic computed tomography is much less as compared to the risk of dying from the disease.
- Monitoring appeal success. Isenberg, Steven F. // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Aug2004, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p524
Focuses on the importance of monitoring the success of appeals in medicine. Suggested computer software used in monitoring appeals; Benefits of monitoring appeal success for medical practitioners.
- The Doctor's PDA and Smartphone Handbook. Paton, Chris; Al-Ubaydli, Mohammed // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Feb2006, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p73
The article provides a guide to doctors in utilizing the task list of their handheld computers. The importance of the task list to doctors is explained. The key features of the task list are described. It provides the steps for adding data in a task list, for example adding a task about setting...
- A�Z of medical websites. Barnard, Keith // GP: General Practitioner;9/23/2002, p70
Features several medical Web sites. Registration of medical professionals; Case history of abdominal pain in childhood gut; Information related to dermatology.
- Website of the week. Carnall, Douglas // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);09/23/2000, Vol. 321 Issue 7263, p771
Evaluates web sites which offer information on medical malpractice inquiries. Internet availability of documents related to an inquiry into pediatric cardiac surgery deaths in Bristol, England; Details of a web site featuring a report of an inquiry into neonatal ventilation trials in North...
- Letting your fingers do the walking to a new job. OReilly, Michael // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/31/2000, Vol. 163 Issue 9, p1184
Focuses on several web sites which provide employment resources for Canadian physicians. Trends in online searching for medical positions; Details of classified advertising featured on the web site of the 'Canadian Medical Association Journal'; Highlights of medical career services offered by...
- Use of a Computer to Detect and Respond to Clinical Events: Its Effect on Clinician Behavior. McDonald, Clement J. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Feb76, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p162
Focuses on a prospective study with a randomized parallel controls that was done to determine the effect of computer intervention on clinicians' behavior. Materials and methods; Responses of clinicians to simple, medication-related events as reflected in a computerized record of diabetes clinic...
- More doctors seek information online. // Medical Marketing & Media;Jun2004, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p24
Reports that the number of physicians actively seeking information online for their practices has grown by 48,000 in 2004.