AMERICAN ACADEMY OF ORTHOPAEDIC SURGEONS CLINICAL PRACTICE GUIDELINE ON: The Treatment of Osteoarthritis (OA) of the Knee
- New treatment guideline for knee OA based on systematic literature review. Brockenbrough, Gina // Orthopedics Today;Feb2009, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p10
This article reports on a clinical practice guideline for the treatment of osteoarthritis in the knee released by the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons in 2009.
- New CPG Workgroup Forming. // AAOS Now;Nov2012, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p42
The article presents information on clinical practice guideline (CPG) on the Surgical Management of Osteoarthritis of the Knee, to be developed by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), for which the Academy is seeking volunteers to participate on a workgroup.
- CPG on OA Knee Treatment Disappoints. Rojer, David E.; Hak, David J. // AAOS Now;
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to articles "AAOS Approves Updated OA Knee CPG" in the June 2013 issue and "In the Top 100 Classic Articles, Where's Mine?" in the January 2011 issue.
- CPGs In Development. // AAOS Now;Mar2013, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p39
The article discusses the guidelines being developed in the Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPG) in the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) as of March 2013. These guidelines include Treatment of Osteoarthritis of the Knee, Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injuries and Management of Hip...
- MED-TECH NEWS AND NOTES. // Medical Device Daily;12/29/2008, Vol. 12 Issue 230, p5
This section offers news briefs on medical technology. The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeon (AAOS) has issued evidence-based clinical practice guidelines on treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee. Minrad International has received a notice from NYSE Alternext US concerning the company's...
- New Treatment Guideline for Knee Osteoarthritis. Brockenbrough, Gina // O&P Business News;3/15/2009, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p28
The article provides information on the guidelines that contains details for treating knee osteoarthritis (OA) recommended by the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS) workgroup. The program recommends patients with symptomatic OA to do low-impact aerobic exercise. It also prohibits the...
- AAOS Releases Choosing Wisely List. // AAOS Now;Oct2013, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p1
The article reports that the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS ) released the list of tests or procedures that are commonly ordered by physicians but not always necessary for the patients. It mentions that the "Choosing Wisely," campaign is important for physicians and patients. It...
- Osteoarthritis guidelines issued. // Chain Drug Review;8/3/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p30
The article reports on the recommendations by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons to use acetaminophen, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and intra-articular corticosteroids to treat osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee in Illinois. The academy has released a clinical practice guideline,...
- Addressing Arthritis as a Chronic Disease. PAGE, ALEXANDRA // AAOS Now;Nov2013, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p15
The article offers information on the management of osteoarthritis (OA) as a chronic disease. It mentions that treatment of other chronic diseases as well as symptoms of depression and sleep deprivation may be necessary for successful OA management. It notes that American Academy of Orthopaedic...