ASHP Guidelines on Outsourcing Sterile Compounding Services
- PROGRESSIVE BEHAVIOR. McCue, Michael T.; Cheung, Jennifer // Managed Healthcare Executive;Feb2002, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on the link between technology and holistic medicine in the U.S. Changes of medical care delivery in healthcare industry; Factors affecting physical well-being; Problems of healthcare companies. INSET: Drawn to the challenge of healthcare.
- Notebook. // Second Opinion;Oct94, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p103
Presents information concerning health issues and developments in the United States. Hospital surgery statistics for 1992; Increase in retirement liability for members of religious orders; Child victims of injuries.
- News capsules. // Formulary;Oct96, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p878
Reports on findings in clinical research, medical industry and governmental affairs related to health and medicine. Improvement of oncology outcomes in capitated care system in open formularies; Therapies for patients with Alzheimer's disease; Funding program for AIDS/HIV program; Increase in...
- The Struggle Between Evidence and Quality. Edsall, Robert L. // Family Practice Management;Apr2002, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p12
Focuses on the influences of evidence-based medicine (EBM) and rapid-cycle quality improvement (QI) in health care in the U.S. Conflict between EBM and QI; Details on the concept of both EBM and QI; Accuracy of both approaches in measuring improvement.
- CALL IN FOR A CONSULT. MacPherson, Peter // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;2/20/96, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p70
Focuses on the health care service DocTalk which sells calling cards entitling buyers to 30 minutes of telephone time with board-certified physicians. Development of concept by physician Brent Blue of Wyoming; Attractiveness to people with no health insurance; Lack of distinction between...
- Physicians. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;7/5/94, Vol. 68 Issue 13, p16
Reports on developments in the medical sector. Collaboration between Emory University and Columbia/HCA in primary care; Participation of the National Association of Managed Care Physicians in the Physicians' Online electronic service; Release of an electronic edition of the book `Merck Manual'.
- 1976: An Agenda for American Medicine. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Dec76, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p818
Editorial. Focuses on several questions regarding medicine and medical care in the U.S. Cost of medical care in the country; Efficiency and effectiveness of medical schools in the country; Role of physicians in solving problems related to medical care.
- Evidence-Based Medicine: A Tool at the Point of Care. Chaiken, Barry P. // Nursing Economic$;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p234
Focuses on the application of evidence-based medicine for the improvement of health care services in the United States. Definition of evidence-based medicine; Importance of clinical content on the delivery of health services; Impact of the deployment of clinical information technology tools on...
- International abstracts. Smith, Jeanette M. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;10/26/94, Vol. 272 Issue 16, p1233
Presents a question and answer advisory on various medical topics. Includes approach to a low vitamin B12 level; Zinc and deficiencies of taste and smell; Moist eyes in the elderly.