- Transitions. // Drug Store News;6/26/95, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p8
Reports on new executive appointments in the American drugstore business for the week of June 26, 1995. Includes responsibilities in the new post.
- On the job with chain drug buyers. Sutton, Sandra M.; Maline, Nancy // Drug Store News;6/17/96, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p133
Discusses the findings of a `Drug Store News' survey that polled chain drug buyers across the country about their jobs. Length of store-level experience; Diversity in job titles and segment responsibilities; Most-liked and least-liked aspects of the job; Skills needed to handle tasks; Category...
- HELPING HANDS. LoBuono, Charlotte // Drug Topics;8/5/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 15, p59
Discusses the results of a survey of pharmacy technicians. Characteristics of respondents; Ratio between technicians and registered pharmacy; Role and job description; Recruitment and training; Findings about certification and salary.
- Transitions. // Drug Store News;4/24/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p6
Deals with several executive appointments and promotions at drug store companies in the United States. Promotion of Christopher Serbin from category manager to divisional merchandise manager in the drug/over the counter (OTC) purchasing unit of Walgreen Co.; Appointment of Steven McCann as...
- Drug chains recognize the beauty of skilled cosmeticians. Parks, Liz // Drug Store News;10/6/97, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p33
Looks at the importance of skilled cosmeticians in the marketing of cosmetics and beauty care products in chain drugstores. Cosmetician as the customer's first contact with the store; Tina Gianzero of Genovese Drug Stores as an example; Remarks from Gianzero on training for cosmeticians and the...
- Observation. Palmer, Steven // Funeral Home & Cemetery News;Sep2014, pA12
An obituary for George Ledford, a former employee at Smith's Drug Store who was diagnosed with cerebral palsy, is presented.
- Recommendations Matter. Coopman, Robert // Chain Drug Review;7/18/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p94
The article reports on the significance of drugstore pharmacist-patient personal encounters through recommendations on health issues involving over-the-counter medications in the U.S.
- Magnified chains face giant people issues. Griffin, Marie // Drug Store News;11/23/98, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p8
Editorial. Comments on the people-oriented implications of the magnification of drugstore chains in the United States. Trend among drug manufacturers towards mergers and consolidation of operations; Increase in number of employees as a consequence of mergers; Knowledge workers' requirement for...
- Drug benefit costs accelerating. Ngeo, Christine // Modern Healthcare;03/16/98, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p41
Announces that costs of pharmacy benefits are increasing more rapidly than costs for medical benefits. Causes of the increase; Benefits received by pharmacy employees; How to manage increase in pharmacy benefit costs.