Carglumic acid approved to treat genetic hyperammonemia
- Once-Monthly Anemia Drug Is Approved. // Renal & Urology News;May2012, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p8
The article reports that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved peginesatide for anemia treatment in adult dialysis patients.
- New Anemia Treatment for Persons on Dialysis. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);9/20/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p9
The article presents information on the approval of Omontys (peginesatide) by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration for treatment of anemia in adults on dialysis with chronic kidney disease.
- TreatmentUpdate. // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Sep2013, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p8
The article offers news briefs related to the long term care industry in the U.S. as of September 2013 including the efficacy of the drug Grafix from Osiris Therapeutics Inc. and warning from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration related to unapproved drugs to treat diabetes.
- REPORTERS Notebook. // Drug Store News;4/2/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p32
The article offers medicine related news brief as of April 2, 2012 including the efficacy of levomilnacipran drug, the approval of the Type 2 diabetes drugs from Eli Lilly and Boehringer Ingelheim by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and the disapproval for the Dacogen drug from Eisai.
- Other News To Note. // BioWorld Today;7/13/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 134, p2
This section offers news briefs on biotechnology. A new dosage formulation of EPIAO for anemia associated with chemotherapy by 3SBio Inc. has been approved by the Chinese State Food and Drug Administration. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted an orphan drug designation to 4SC...
- Ironed Out at Last: FDA Clears AMAG's Feraheme for Anemia. Osborne, Randy // BioWorld Today;7/1/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 125, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved AMAG Pharmaceuticals Incorporated's Feraheme, an iron replacement therapy for the treatment of anemia in adults with chronic kidney disease. The recommended dosages for the drug are cited. AMAG plans to launch the...
- Successful treatment of severe anemia using erythropoietin in a Jehovah Witness with non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Agapidou, Alexandra; Vakalopoulou, Sofia; Papadopoulou, Theodosia; Chadjiaggelidou, Christina; Garypidou, Vasileia // Hematology Reports;2014, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p73
Blood transfusion many times works in a life-saving way when a patient is facing a critical situation. However, some patients, such as Jehovah's Witnesses, may refuse their administration because it opposes to their religion beliefs. Thus, clinicians are forced to respect patients' preferences...
- Lenalidomide a new option for treating myelodysplastic syndrome. Guthrie, Ellen Whipple // Pharmacy Today;Mar2006, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p5
The article reports that Food and Drug Administration has approved Lenalidomide (Revlimid) of Celgene Corp., to treat patients with transfusion-dependent anemia due to low- or intermediate 1-risk myelodysplastic syndrome. Based on clinical trials, a significant number of patients treated with...
- Lilly wins FDA approval for schizophrenia drug in adults. // PharmaWatch: CNS;Feb2010, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p10
No abstract available.