- Hardware reviews for architects. Ross, S.S. // Architectural Record;Feb1989, Vol. 177 Issue 2, p153
Reviews digitizing tablets for the Macintosh SE and II. Kurta IS/ADB series; Summagraphics Bit Pad Plus.
- The PC corner. Qualls, John H. // Business Economics;Jan1997, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p67
Focuses on computer hardware upgrades. Cost of upgrading components of 486/DX2-66 computers; Tips on investing in a computer with a Pentium chip; Best machines on a cost/performance basis; Problems with the Excel 5.0 computer software.
- Souped-up modems. Esters, S.D. // Black Enterprise;Dec90, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p35
Rates several new modems that transmit data at faster speeds, have enhanced features that correct errors, fit inside portable computers and send or receive faxes. Includes Multi-Tech Systems Inc.'s Multi-H Modem V32, Okidata Corp. Okitel 9600 and Everex's Carrier 2400/96Z; Benefits of the new...
- System design news. // Electronic Design;10/25/94, Vol. 42 Issue 22, p128
Features products designed for computer systems. RAM developed by designers at Mosel-Vitelic to bring down the cost of high-performance Windows accelerator; PCscsi II chip from Advanced Micro Devices Inc.; Oki Semiconductor's MSM98R family of customer-structured gate arrays.
- System design products. // Electronic Design;10/25/94, Vol. 42 Issue 22, p128
Features products designed for computer systems. Includes CD-ROM drives, PCMCIA flash cards and synthesizers.
- Electrical contacts pick out signals. Raymond, Martha K. // Machine Design;06/05/97, Vol. 69 Issue 11, p54
Presents information on a game controller called the V-Pick, designed by Norstan Incorporated. How the controller works; Initial problem which arose with the controller; Materials which the controller is made of.
- Provide ESD protection for I/O ports. Fox, Brett; Parvarandeh, Pirooz // EDN;06/05/97, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p137
Focuses on the protection which the echo-sounding device (ESD) provides for input-output (I/O) ports. Problems created by ESD; ESD's susceptibility; ESD tests for I/O ports; Need for appropriate protection to be applied. INSET: Guidelines for selecting ICs with highest resistance to ESD..
- 12O breaks PC I/O bottleneck. Quinnell, Richard A.; Granville, Fran // EDN;07/17/97, Vol. 42 Issue 15, p14
Looks at products based on the Intelligent I/O [input-output] (I2O) specification developed by Intel, which are available in the United States. When specification was released; Starting price for Cyclone Microsystems line of PCI (personal computer interconnects) boards; I2O products offered by...
- New pc-board-design tools are anything but boring. Lipman, Jim; Granville, Fran // EDN;07/17/97, Vol. 42 Issue 15, p20
Reports that Incases, Pacific Numerix, and Mentor Graphics have introduced electronic design automation (EDA) tools covering personal computer board reuse and electromagnetic-radiation (EMR) analysis. What Incases version 5.1 of the company's pc-board-design system includes; Details on EMR tool...
- Design ideas. Kurdthongmee, W.; Thammarat, Nakorn Si // EDN;02/16/98, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p95
Reports on the need to use output ports and at the same time update all the ports in some systems. Reference to systems that use multiplexing techniques; Indepth look at two approaches which are available for the implementation of parallel-output ports; What can be done as an alternative route.