CGI-ROM servers on a disc & other Web/CD intersections
- Interactivating you Web site. Dutcher, William // PC Week;9/30/96, Vol. 13 Issue 39, pN3
Evaluates the Common Gateway Interface (CGI) as a means for energizing a World Wide Web site. Development of CGI by the European Center for Nuclear Research (CERN); CGI as a standard for interfacing external applications to Web servers so that users can access a database somewhere on the...
- Getting to the bottom of CGI programming. Coffee, Peter // PC Week;11/25/96, Vol. 13 Issue 47, p43
Discusses common gateway interface (CGI) programming of Web pages. Prebuilt files versus streams of hypertext markup language (HTML) character strings; CGI's benefits to the user; Definition of CGI; Normal user interaction through HTML forms that do not require ActiveX controls or Java applets;...
- Online. Borkman, Lee // Australian Personal Computer;Dec96, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p177
Offers tips on Common Gateway Interface (CGI) scripting. Clients and servers; Linkage to a CGI program; CGI applications.
- PCWeek navigator. // PC Week;9/02/96, Vol. 13 Issue 35, p51
Reports on World Wide Web sites related to the Common Gateway Interface (CGI). Web addresses; Features of the Web sites.
- Demystifying Common Gateway Interfaces. Peek, Robin // Information Today;May98, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p52
Opinion. Presents the view of the author on Common Gateway Interfaces also known as CGI scripts. How Web pages interact with other programs; Features of the Transmission Control/Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP); Details on the use of CGI on Web servers.
- Common Gateway Interface (CGI) applications. Connolly, Bruce; Golderman, Gail M. // Online;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p94
Summarizes an article titled `How the Common Gateway Interface Works,' by Ray Duncan, from the September 24th, 1996 issue of the periodical `PC Magazine' that examined how a Common Gateway Interface (CGI) works and what a novice programmer would need to get started.
- F/x fast-forward historical docs. Fry, Andy // Variety;4/8/2002, Vol. 386 Issue 8, pA2
Reports on the history-themed trend in the documentary film market. Role of CGI technology in the increased interest toward history-themed documentaries; Lineup of documentaries from Channel 4 for 2002.
- Running on empty. Moad, Jeff // PC Week;11/25/96, Vol. 13 Issue 47, p43
Discusses alternatives to common gateway interface (CGI) programming for Web pages. Views of Web-page developer Dan Ehrmann about CGI; CGI as the most common technology for creating dynamic Web pages; The demands of Web applications as outstripping the capabilities of CGI; CGI's inefficient use...
- FastyCGI: Addressing the limitations of a popular Web interface. Parkhurst, Tom // Network World;09/22/97, Vol. 14 Issue 38, Intranet p6
Focuses on the acceptance of the Common Gateway Interface (CGI) as a standard for developing back-end Web server applications. Disk loading; Information retrieval and accessibility; Porting of CGI programs to FastCGI. INSET: Ask Dr. Intranet..
- A guide to Common Gateway Interface. Gibbs, Mark // Network World;08/30/99, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p48
Discusses the implementation of Common Gateway Interface in network communications. Reliance on standard input and standard output features; Implementing Web counters.