Toshiba DVD reference design is supported in Windows 98 Beta release
- Microsoft, Toshiba cooperate on DVD for Windows 98. // Computers in Libraries;Mar1998, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p65
Discusses the cooperation of Microsoft and Toshiba to bring the attributes of digital video disc (DVD) to the Windows 98 computer operating system utilizing Toshiba hardware. DVD support to appear in beta 3 of Windows 98; Microsoft contact information.
- Carrier and Toshiba make their global alliance official. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;04/12/99, Vol. 206 Issue 15, p8
Announces the formation of a global strategic alliance between Carrier Corp. and Toshiba Corp. Combining of complementary product offerings and capabilities in technology innovation, manufacturing, quality assurance and marketing; Enhancement of competitiveness.
- Carrier, Toshiba Finalize Global Strategic Alliance. // Appliance Manufacturer;Jun99, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p14
Reports that Carrier and Toshiba announced the formation of a global strategic alliance in the heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) industry. Details of the joint venture; Toshiba's HVAC sales organizations that will combine with Carrier's existing operations.
- Toshiba, Microsoft `At Work'. // Electronic News;9/13/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1980, p15
Reports on the agreement between Toshiba Corp. and Microsoft Corp. to develop portable computing platforms incorporating the Microsoft At Work computer software for handheld systems. Signing of 70 companies as supporters.
- Toshiba mates DVD with Windows '98. Brown, Peter // Electronic News;12/22/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2199, p15
Reports on Toshiba's integration of its digital video disc technology with Microsoft's Windows 98 operating system. Impact of the effort on the digital video disc industry; Phases of the project; Characteristics of the reference design board.
- Toshiba, SanDisk Hail Partnership. Murphy, Tom // Electronic News;10/11/99, Vol. 45 Issue 41, p10
Details the agreement between Toshiba Corp. and SanDisk Corp. to design and produce 1-gigabit flash memory chips. Information on the memorandum of understanding signed by the two companies to enter into a long-term strategic partnership; Expected effect of the increasing popularity of digital...
- Verizon, Microsoft connect to advance data. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;5/27/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p8
Focuses on the alliance between Verizon Wireless Inc. and Microsoft Corp. on wireless data services. Cost of the wireless data services; Accessibility of MSN services from web-based digital handset; Introduction of Microsoft MSN and VZW services and content.
- Microsoft Joins +RW Alliance. Olenick, Doug // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;3/10/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p33
Reports on the decision of computer company Microsoft Corp. to join the DVD+RW Alliance. Implications of the decision taken by Microsoft.
- Bobby notes that March Madness isn't the only thing heating up the screen. Cringely, Robert X. // InfoWorld;03/27/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p114
Discusses several events that happened in the computer industry of the United States. Details on the advertisement of Microsoft Corp. using a Mozart requiem; Problems encountered by Toshiba laptop computer users.