What's up, Javadoc?
- Java gets serious with RAD. Hanna, Mary // Software Magazine;Oct96, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p77
Focuses on Java RAD (rapid application development), which is an Internet-based process. Advantages of using Java-generating tools; Comments from Dan Moriarty, associate dean for information technology at Harvard Medical School; How the Java application is run; Proponents of the Java...
- The business case for the Java platform. Kara, Dan // Software Magazine;Nov98, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p16
Reports that business managers have been ill-served by the press and analyst communities, both of whom have emphasized the technical advantages of the Java platform, often at the expense of the business benefits the Java language bring to the enterprise. Technical advantages of Java and...
- QUEST'S SQL NAVIGATOR SUPPORTS ORACLE 9I AND JAVA. // Worldwide Databases;Jan2002, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p6
Reports the release of SQL Navigator computer software in Irvine, California. Features of the software; Support for industry-standard version control systems; Capability of executing Java commands.
- Latest Trojan horse out of the gate. // America's Network;09/15/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 14, p14
Reports on the online hysteria generated by Brown Orifice, a Java applet, when it hit hacker repository Bugtraq in August 2000. Effect of the program on Sun's Java Developers Kit and Netscape 4.74; Problem with the response time both companies took to address the situation.
- Java apps stir momentum. Rodriguez, Karen // Inter@ctive Week;01/13/97, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p44
Reports that the release of Java Development Kit 1.1 by Sun Microsystems Incorporated is fostering rapid Java application development by tools developers including Borland International Incorporated. Information on Borland's JBuilder; Features of the JBuilder; Comments from William Dunlap,...
- J2ME: life after WAP? Christfort, Jacob // Wireless Week;3/18/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p74
Focuses on the issues concerning the Java 2 Micro Edition (J2ME) computer software. Benefits derived by wireless technology users from utilizing J2ME; Problems associated with J2ME; Efforts that can rectify the problems connected with J2ME utilization.
- Software's rising stars. Bucholtz, Chris // Telephony;8/19/96, Vol. 231 Issue 8, p50
Focuses on Sun Microsystems' Java programming language and Lucent Technologies' Inferno software suite for applications development. Web-based applications; Promise of cross-platform compatibility.
- PINGS & PACKAGING. eWEEK LABS; Accurso, Denise; Dyck, Timothy // eWeek;7/1/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p42
Reports developments on computer technology industry as of July 2002. Release of OnStream Date B.V., highspeed USB 2.0 tape drive; Features the changes made to Java application server; Use of Web services support called Simple Object Access Protocol. INSET: A guide to the care, feeding and...
- Java tools. // Inter@ctive Week;03/29/99, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p24
Provides information on Java development and implementation software tools. Homebase Enterprise Javabeans Toolkit; Developer2X 2.1; Java Viewers; Price.