- Cd-R/RW on the go. Bennett, Hugh // EMedia Professional;Apr99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p52
Discusses the growing popularity of compact disc (CD) drives in notebook computers. Data storage demand of notebook computers; Reasons for the popularity of CD-R and CD-RW; Technical challenges faced in the creation of portable CD-R/RW drives.
- CD-ROM laptop from Toshiba. // CD-ROM Professional;Sep95, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p27
Reports that Toshiba's Satellite Pro 400 Series portable quad speed CD-ROM player are available in two configurations. Contact information.
- Why you might still want an optical drive. SPECTOR, LINCOLN // PC World;Mar2015, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p138
An answer is presented to a question about the trend of new laptop computer models no longer have built-in optical disc drives.
- SONY TO BOW BLU-RAY LAPTOP IN JUNE. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Retailing;5/21/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p8
Reports on the plan of Sony Corp. to offer a Blu-ray disc drive in a notebook computer in the U.S. in June 2006.
- iSuppli: PC Vendors Resisting Blu-ray. OLENICK, DOUG // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/10/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p15
The article focuses on the non-adoption of Blu-ray drives in personal computers in the near future. According to a study, Blu-ray use is at 3.6 percent in 2009, which is expected to increase to 16.3 percent by 2013. It is stated that this is due to the product's cost and the insufficient...
- IBM's new $1,500 notebook. Yates, Darren // Australian PC User;Nov2003, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p22
Evaluates the IBM ThinkPad R40e notebook computer. Memory capacity; Optical storage; Peripheral ports; Retail price.
- Breakthrough technologies. Maher, William; Warne, Dan // Australian Personal Computer;May2004, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p118
Computing is about to forge a new cutting edge that includes faster CPUs, next-generation wireless and a fresh face for Windows. Forget faster clock speeds and wider screens, research labs are now burning the midnight oil to re-engineer the entire PC with a wave of progressive technologies. As...
- Toshiba Leads the Way Once Again. ARNOLD, THOMAS K. // Home Media Magazine;9/14/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 37, p5
The article reports on the decision of consumer electronics company Toshiba to release a new laptop called Satellite P500, which is equipped with a Blu-ray Disc (BD)-Rewritable (RW) drive in 2009. The product is scheduled to be released in the fourth quarter of 2009. According to an estimate by...
- Acer AcerPower F1 Series. // Australian Personal Computer;Sep2004, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p61
The AcerPower F1 is the only tower-style desktop from a brand name vendor in this roundup. Storage consists of a 40GB Seagate Parallel ATA drive and Acer-branded combo DVD-ROM/CD-RW drive. The Acer E61M motherboard is based on an SiS chipset with an onboard graphics adaptor, but the company has...