Facts, figures, & findings
- Wide screen laser discs. Frumkes, Roy // Films in Review;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 44 Issue 7/8, p253
Presents an analysis of wide screen laser discs. Importance of quality control in the laser disc industry; Advent of Super 35, a film format allowing different aspect ratios; Features; Technical specifications; Reviews of wide screen discs.
- Laser discs, barcodes, and books...a great combination. Peto, Erica // Technology Connection;Feb96, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p22
Presents tips on how to make the most out of laser disc, barcodes and books. Preserving discs lifespan; Protection of files; How to use barcodes in bringing up laser disc images. INSETS: How to make barcodes.;Who sells barcode readers?..
- Optical disc technology. TR // Computers in Libraries;Oct94, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p65
Cites an article on optical disc technology entitled `The Rise of CD-Recordable: A Report from the Corporate Front,' by Nancy K. Herther. Results of a survey of corporate users of CD-R technology.
- Optical disc technologies. Rinne, Teri // Computers in Libraries;Feb94, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p64
Reviews the article `Driving CD-ROM: Microsolutions Backpack CD-ROM Drive,' by Norman Desmarais.
- New name but same mission for the LDA. McGowan, Chris // Billboard;4/20/96, Vol. 108 Issue 16, p80
Reports on developments in the laserdisc industry in the United States as of April 20, 1996. Laser Disc Association's changing of its name to Optical Video Disc Association; Columbia TriStar's launching of the movie `Jumanji' on laserdisc on May 14; Other new releases.
- 1.3 gig optical disks. // Macworld;Dec1993, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p37
Presents the 1.3GB double-density optical disks. Compatibility with Alphatronix's Inspire III family of optical libraries; Pricing.
- Multimedia reviews: Laserdiscs. Noone, Colleen // Media & Methods;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p79
Reports on developments related to laserdiscs in the United States as of March-April 1996. Includes release of LaserDisc ExploreR System by Pioneer New Media; Features of Thumbs Up For Kids: AIDS Education laserdisc by Aims Multimedia; Job City laserdisc program of Techware Corporation.
- Part 3. Optical disks. // Library Technology Reports;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p681
Provides information on the use of optical disks storage technology. Information on the benefits of using optical disks; Listing of points libraries should consider when selecting optical disks for specific applications.
- Top laserdisc sales. // Billboard;11/6/93, Vol. 105 Issue 45, p74
Presents `Billboard' magazine's list of top laserdisc sales for the week of November 6, 1993. Animated production `Beauty and the Beast'; `Star wars Trilogy: the Definitive Collection,' starring Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford; `A Few Good Men,' starring Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson; More.