What can DirectShow 98 do for you?
- CD-ROMs. Schofield, Jack // Director;Apr99, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p81
Reviews the route-finding CD-ROM AutoRoute Express 2000 from Microsoft. Features of the CD-ROM; Applications of the CD-ROM.
- Microsoft still searching for consumer market key. J.S. // Windows Watcher;Sep96, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p11
Reports on the efforts of Microsoft Corp. to find improve its multimedia CD-ROM market. Aim of creating consumer titles with potentials to become a hit in the market; CD-ROM products include Encarta encyclopedia and Flight Simulator.
- Making decisions about CD-ROMs. Betts, Frank // Educational Leadership;Apr94, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p42
Features the CD-ROM Microsoft Bookshelf, 1993 Multimedia Edition from Microsoft Corp. Increase in the demand and production of CD-ROMs; Technical requirements to access CD-ROMs; Seven reference books included in the product; Advice on the use of the CD-ROM; Product's shortcomings; Contact...
- Microsoft announces AutoPlay for Windows 95 multimedia. Pemberton, Heather // CD-ROM Professional;Jan1995, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p21
Reports on the release of technical details of AutoPlay, a technology from Microsoft Corp. which makes CD-ROM titles install instantly and run automatically on the Microsoft Windows 95 operating system. Cost of the technology; Contact information.
- Twenty-nine volumes on one disk. DiMeo, Sam // Caribbean Business;5/8/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p41
Announces the market release of a Spanish language CD-ROM encyclopedia by Microsoft. Product features.
- Microsoft pilots CD-ROM phone-order distribution plan. Willett, Shawn // InfoWorld;8/16/93, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p20
Features Microsoft Corp.'s CD-ROM (compact disc-read only memory) phone-order program. Cooperation with Gateway 2000; Software purchasing through the telephone; Care in preserving relationship with traditional resellers; Deals of other companies for CD-ROM marketing.
- It is to wonder. Guenette, David R. // EMedia Professional;Mar1997, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p6
Editorial. Examines the compact disc-read only memory (CD-ROM) title errors caused by carelesness of multimedia developers. Use of existing rules and guides for multimedia developers; Criticism on Microsoft Corporation's Windows 95 games and multimedia titles demo discs.
- Microsoft Issues Video On CD-ROM. // Information Today;Jan1987, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p12
This article states that Microsoft Press has released a video sequel to its popular book, CD-ROM: The New Papyrus. The new video opens with an introduction by Bill Gates, chairman of Microsoft, and offers insights into the present state of CD-ROM technology from leading experts in the field. The...
- CD-ROM Finds Healthy Environment. Bowers, Richard A. // Information Today;Apr1987, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p15
Comments on the Second International Conference on CD-ROM hosted by Microsoft Corp. in the U.S. Significance of the conference for the CD-ROM publishing industry; Highlights of the conference; Trends in the CD-ROM publishing industry; Impact of Microsoft on the CD-ROM industry.