A credit to the business
- New credit firm for Thomsons WoF. // Cabinet Maker;06/23/2000, Issue 5193, p6
Announces Scotland-based furniture retailer Thomsons World of Furniture's decision to switch consumer credit provider to Northern Ireland-based Open+Direct.
- French credit deal. // Cabinet Maker;2/17/2006, Issue 5476, p8
The article reports on the acquisition of Belfast, Northern Ireland-based Open + Direct Retail Services by French consumer credit Laser. The acquisition is part of Laser's strategy to introduce its Laser UK brand to the country. Open + Direct will offer credit and loyalty card schemes to its...
- Integrated system moves into furniture. // Cabinet Maker;9/14/2001, Issue 5255, p5
Reports the plans of Open+Direct to introduces its integrated finance and point-of-sale systems to the retail furniture sector. Response of the electrical sector to the system; Impact of the technology for marketing; Benefits of the system to retailers.
- Relax set for legal action with O+D. // Cabinet Maker;2/16/2007, Issue 5525, p5
The article focuses on a dispute between Relax Retail, a furniture retailing company, and Open & Direct Ltd. (OD), regarding the termination of a financial agreement between the two companies. Relax Retail has claimed that OD owes more than Â£30,000 to it. As per an agreement, furniture was...
- Open + Direct profits down. // Cabinet Maker;11/23/2001, Issue 5264, p2
Reports the decrease in profits of Open + Direct in Great Britain.
- Credit enquiry slams finance firms. // Precision Marketing;8/8/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the Great Britain Commons Treasury Committee's announcement that it will launch an enquiry into the way in which banks and other lenders encourage people to take on debt. Investigation of firms that exploit consumers' willingness to borrow; Criticism of credit card companies for...
- Royal of Scotland Eyes U.S. Consumer Finance. Julavits, Robert // American Banker;5/6/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 86, p1
Reports on the interest shown by the chief executive of Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC to add consumer finance or credit card business in the United States. Focus on profit maximization through consumer finance; Overview of the trends in the financial service industry; Growth opportunities in...
- 'Myth' List Slamming Subprime Flawed in Use of RIHA's Studies. Hornburg, Steven P. // American Banker;5/4/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 86, p13
Comments on John Taylor's article 'An Anti-Predator's Reader Guide to Tall Tales of Subprime Lending,' which appeared in the April 27, 2001, issue of 'American Banker.' Taylor's inappropriate conclusion that the subprime market unfairly charges higher prices to borrowers; Perpetuation of...
- Party players. // Cabinet Maker;6/3/2005, Issue 5441, p8
Reports on the schedule of the Kensington Roof Garden exhibition at Earls Court in London, England. Sponsorship of the London Interiors Party by the credit firm Open + Direct Retail Finance; Total expected guests; Duration of the exhibition.