Sort out the skills shortage
- Educational events feed our desire to be ever better. Epperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;9/19/2016, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p26
The author discusses aspects of exhibition events and convention programs that teach furniture retailers strategies to improve their business, in which he thinks, is an important training for furniture retailers to become competitive.
- Latest trend at the mall: retail classes. Wellner, Alison Stein // Christian Science Monitor;4/4/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 92, p20
Reports on the function of the Retail Skills Center in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania which trains individuals for positions within the retail industry.
- Retail skills center to open. Applegate, Jane // Las Vegas Business Press;02/03/97, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p23
Reports on the opening of a retail skills center at the mall in King of Prussia near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Associations sponsoring the hands-on training program; Difficulty faced by employers in finding skilled workers; Retail skills taught by the program; Two-fold competitive strategy...
- Einzelhandel fÃ¼hrt bei Ausbildungsberufen. Maurer, Bettina // Textilwirtschaft;9/20/2012, Issue 38, p72
The article presents statistical details on the number of students in the retail sector in Germany in the year 2011.
- BACKCHAT. // Cabinet Maker;10/3/2014, Issue 5903, p42
The article offers insights from several British independent furniture and homewares retailers whether the new Sales Academy scheme of the Sleep Council will benefit their store. John Brooks of Batley Furniture Outlet says that they will not benefit from the scheme as it will be dependent on...
- Harrison Beds centre to focus on retailer training. // Cabinet Maker;10/29/99, Issue 5161, p4
Reports that Harrison Beds has opened its Retail Partnership Centre that offers training programs for retail employees. Courses offered by the center.
- The challenges of training. // Chain Store Age;Jul96, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p6A
Discusses the need for a training program for retail employees in charge of floor care and maintenance. Selection of chemicals and equipment; Training program of Longs Drug Stores; North West Co.; Kmart Corp.; Use of technological innovations; Managing a training program for a diverse work...
- Mehr Bewerber als AusbildungsplÃ¤tze. // Lebensmittel Zeitung;4/5/2013, Issue 14, p0044
Statistics on the number of applicants and available apprenticeship positions in the German retail trade are offered.
- Operating stores: High octane execution. Jacobs, Bill // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Jan1994, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p21MH
Discusses strategies for improving store operation. Multiplier effect; Training and development of store employees; Focused training programs; Recruitment of appropriate personnel; Incentives for employees; Simplification of shopping process; Use of technology to improve customer service.