Hope on the horizon, but change is needed
- Tupelo has high hopes. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;2/18/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p1
The article forecasts furniture industry trends in Tupelo, Mississippi as of February 2008. Market officials and exhibitors are hoping for continued traffic and order writing in the industry. A positive aspect of the local market is that retailers of promotional furniture welcome the tax refund...
- Let's aim high for the new year. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/15/2000-12/22/2000, Issue 5218, p8
Forecasts the outlook for the British furniture industry in 2001. Promotion of quality and aspirational aspects of the trade; Reduction of administrations and receiverships; Revenue projections.
- What's in store. // Cabinet Maker;1/15/2010, Issue 5670, p52
The article presents the 2010 outlook in the furniture retailing industry in Great Britain. It notes that the industry is still in an unstable state despite sales in the furniture sector are moving between positive and negative and the consumer confidence is rising in conformity with the...
- RETAIL PROPERTY: MOVING WITH THE TIMES. // Cabinet Maker;3/6/2009, Issue 5626, p12
The article discusses the impact of recession on the furniture retailers in Great Britain. It outlines the projection of the Experian regarding the number of high street retailers that will be closed, as well as the increasing over supply of out-of-town and non-food-type retail in town centers....
- We've still got too much stock but at least we're feeling optimistic again. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;05/28/99, Issue 5140, p6
Reports on retail trends in Great Britain's furniture industry. Volume of orders between end of 1998 and first quarter of 1999; Trends in volume of sales; Margin trends; Forecasts for 1999.
- A 'golden trading period' on the way. // Cabinet Maker;7/27/2001, Issue 5248, p4
Forecasts the increase in the profits of furniture retailers in Great Britain for the year 2002.
- Analysis -- January 2008. // Retail Trade;Jan2008, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the increasing sales of the retail industry in Canada as of January 2008. Building and outdoor home supplies stores led the way at 3.2%, followed by clothing and accessories stores at 2.9%, furniture, home furnishing and electronics stores at 2.5%. On the strength of these...
- Expect cool, wet conditions. // Casual Living;Aug2008, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p84
The article presents information on the weather condition and retail sales in the U.S. in August 2008. Information on the retail industry same-store sales in August 2007 is presented. August 2008 will be cool and wet for the whole nation except along the Canadian border and parts of Texas....
- RETAIL INTELLIGENCE. // Cabinet Maker;11/10/2006, Issue 5513, p26
The article focuses on the survey among furniture retailers in Great Britain. According to the survey, 43% of retailers have reported an increase in sales value, 29% have reported inactive and 28% have undergone declination in September 2006. The survey also reveals that business performance on...