Australia has designs on the British market
- Fresh Fare. // Interior Design;Jul2001, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p114
Features furniture exhibited at the 2001 International Contemporary Furniture Fair held at New York City's Jacob Javits Center. Giig & Iggi's set of nesting tables; Arvid's three-legged stool; Angela Adam's cotton/linen, handpainted fabrics.
- Major market gains status in just 2 years. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;05/14/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p22
Focuses on the Salao do Movel Brasil furniture exhibition in Brazil. Show organizers' plans of expanding coverage into Europe and North America; Comparison of the total number of attendees in the 2001 and 2000 event; Importance of the exhibition for the Brazilian furniture industry.
- SFM sets more exhibitor space. Perry, David; Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;7/30/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 46, p2
Reports on the plan of the San Francisco Furniture Market to transfer its temporary exhibitors to the main building by January 2002. Expansion of the space for permanent exhibitors; Renovation of the former Promenade space; Lease of additional space for the temporary exhibits.
- Scots divided over change to show time. // Cabinet Maker;03/19/99, Issue 5130, p8
Reports that the annual Scottish Furniture Retail Agents exhibition was changed from January to March 1999. Possible implications of the change of date on the show's success; Bob Dymond as the show's organizer; Furniture companies represented in the show.
- Milan showcase is influenced by retro styles. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;04/23/99, Issue 5135, p8
Features the Milan Salone del Mobile furniture exhibition in Milan, Italy. Participating firms; Design trends shown; Notable products.
- DTI grants for Japan. // Cabinet Maker;08/20/99, Issue 5151, p3
Announces available grants for furniture, lighting, carpets, fabrics and accessories firms exhibiting at the Tokyo International Furniture Fair in November, 1999.
- Buyers warm slowly to SW Furniture Show. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;09/17/99, Issue 5155, p2
Reports the South West Furniture Show in Great Britain. Impact of temperature on the show; Response of the people to products offered by manufacturers; Impressions of manufacturers on the turnout of the exhibit.
- Cyberspace aesthetics. // Cabinet Maker;12/10/99, Issue 5167, p14
Features the holding of the International Furniture Fair on January 17-23, 2000 in Cologne, Germany. Focus on the virtual furniture aesthetic; Italian manufacturer Kartell's La Marie transparent chair designed by Philippe Starck; Old Charm Cocktail Cabinet and Torino sofa from Peter Guild; Key...
- PK for BBC show. // Cabinet Maker;02/25/2000, Issue 5176, p4
Reports that furniture firm Parker Knoll has signed up for BBC Good Homes Show in April 2000.