Booksellers swear anti-trust
- Buy the book (for less). // Chain Store Age;May98, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p41
Focuses on the lawsuit filed by American Booksellers Association (ABA) and its independent bookseller members against Barnes & Noble Inc. and Borders Group. ABA's charges of unfair competition and violations of federal and state laws; ABA's previous victory in an out-of-court settlement against...
- Chain heat. Gillespie, Nick // Reason;Jun98, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p9
Discusses why some bookstores are seen as threats to the reading public. Official position of the American Booksellers Association (ABA) on the issue; Antitrust lawsuit file by the ABA and other California booksellers against Borders Incorporated and Barnes & Noble Incorporated under the...
- Closing the book on independents. Wirebach, John // Aftermarket Business;May2001, Vol. 111 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the lawsuit filed by the members of American Booksellers Association against Barnes & Noble Inc. and Borders Books & Music. Claims of the booksellers; Similarity of the case to the one filed by the Coalition for a Level Playing Field against auto parts retailers.
- ABA is suing Borders, Barnes & Noble. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;3/23/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 12, p16
Details the lawsuit by American Booksellers Association (ABA) against two bookstore chains, Barnes & Noble and Borders. ABA's contention of both chains' illegal deals and preferential treatment; ABA chief executive officer Avin Mark Domnitz's claim that independent book stores do not get the...
- ABA reorganizes to reflect new bookselling realities. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/29/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 26, p11
Discusses the American Booksellers Association's (ABA) process of reorganization of its professional staff. ABA's decision to stop publishing its monthly magazine; Changes in programs as a result of reorganization; The shrinking number of independent booksellers as a reason for reorganization;...
- Judge Rules on Motions in ABA Suit Against Chains. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/18/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 51, p12
Reports on the court ruling on the motions filed by the American Booksellers Association (ABA) against Barnes & Noble and the Borders Group as of December 18, 2000. Background on the antitrust lawsuit filed by the association; Claims of the ABA against the two companies; Amount of damages...
- Big bookstores: Octopi in tweed? Noah, Timothy; Longman, Phillip J. // U.S. News & World Report;03/30/98, Vol. 124 Issue 12, p49
Reports that the American Booksellers Association (ABA) has filed an antitrust suit against Borders and Barnes & Noble. Difficult times for independent booksellers; Reason for lawsuit; Similar 1994 lawsuit.
- Trial Dates Set in ABA Lawsuit vs. Chains. // Publishers Weekly;12/20/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 51, p14
Reports on the date set for the trial of the antitrust lawsuit filed by American Booksellers Association against Barnes & Noble company and Borders Group company. Judge who will hear the case; Information on the case.
- ABA v. Barnes & Noble. // Current Legal Documents;1950-, p0
Presents a lawsuit filed by the American Booksellers Association Inc. (ABA) against Barnes & Noble Inc., Borders Group Inc. and Walden Book Company Inc. Allegations by ABA that Barnes & Noble and other national bookstore chains are driving smaller bookstores out of business; Violation of the...