Wilconsin Lawmakers to Consider Compromise Budget
- The Congressional Diabetes Caucus. Baker, Nicole Johnson // Diabetes Health;Jan2005, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p14
Presents information on the Congressional Diabetes Caucus (CDC) in relation to its efforts to promote research and prevention of diabetes in Capitol Hill, Washington, D.C. as of January 2005. Number of members of CDC; Budget requested by the CDC for the Centers for Disease Control and...
- Al Gore makes historic appearance at caucus. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;02/1899, Vol. 90 Issue 8, p5
Reports on United States Vice President Al Gore's appearance at the 1999 Black, Puerto Rican and Latino Legislative Weekend held in Albany, New York. Highlights of Gore's hour-long meeting with the group to discuss a wide range of economic and social issues facing legislators' statewide...
- There's a Congressional caucus for just about everything, even algae. Fitzpatrick, Jack // Inside Tucson Business;11/1/2013, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p8
The article presents information on Arizona lawmakers in various U.S. Congressional caucus.
- MY HUDDLE IS BIGGER THAN YOUR HUDDLE. Rothstein, Betsy // Hill;9/27/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 112, p35
Several photographs of legislators after a break from caucus lunch meetings are presented.
- Coalition Builder. Weintraub, Daniel // State Legislatures;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p24
The article features California Assembly Speaker Karen Bass, the first female Democrat to hold the post in California and the first African American woman to serve as speaker in the U.S. Her agenda include working with Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger as he struggles to end budget deficits in the...
- A budget for working America. Grijalva, Raúl; Shank, Michael // Hill;2014, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p20
The author discusses the Better Off Budget proposal made by the Congressional Progressive Caucus to provide the working people the voice they need in the government,
- Progressive caucus pushes for second stimulus package. Soraghan, Mike // Hill;3/5/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p6
The article reports on the Congressional Progressive Caucus' alternative budget for the second package of the Economic Stimulus Act of 2008 in the U.S. It claims that the caucus would be designing a budget with large expenditures for public works, food stamps, and unemployment insurance to...
- Black Lawmakers Stand by President to Win New Budget. // Jet;11/09/98, Vol. 94 Issue 24, p4
Reveals that members of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) played a major role in helping United States President Bill Clinton pass the Omnibus Appropriations bill in 1998. Comments by the group's chairman, Representative Maxine Waters; Highlights of the budget gains; Praise of President...
- Rep. King joins energy caucus. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);1/24/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p1
The article announces the appointment of Texas Representative Ken King as member of the House Energy Caucus (HEC), a legislative caucus of the Texas House of Representatives that focuses on energy production and on issues facing adjacent communities.