North Carolina Might Authorize Introduction of Half-Cent Sales Tax by Counties
- SOUTH DAKOTA. Clement, Douglas // Fedgazette;Nov2002, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p15
Reports on the decline of sales taxes in South Dakota in fiscal year 2002. Significance of sales taxes to the state's general fund; Decision of the South Dakota Legislature to draw on the state's reserve funds in February 2002; Completion of the sale of future state receipts from the 1998...
- Tax hike would benefit 370 Lakeside. Korando, Russell // St. Charles Journal;7/11/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 28, pA1
The article reports on Proposition P, a city sales tax increase of four-tenths of a cent that could generate as much as 4.8 million U.S. dollars per year for Saint Peters, Missouri that would be used for storm water management and park improvements.
- Election Options. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/4/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31400, p31
Reports on the request of the Central Transit Authority to use transit sales tax fund to finance the upcoming election in Little Rock, Arkansas. Percentage of the proposed budget; Advantage of approving the request; Absence of plan to issue debt for transit.
- Wringing more tax money from citizens in the new year. Poochigian, Chuck // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;1/18/2002, Issue 322879, p31
Focuses on the state budget crisis in California. Growth of state spending; Concerns over unemployment; Increase of sales tax.
- Report: Chicago's Museums, Zoos Need Sales Tax Funding Boost. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/16/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32382, p4
The article reports that the cultural institutions in Chicago, Illinois have requested for new funding from an increase in the sales tax to compensate for the dwindling fiscal help. The museums in the park are vital to Chicago's reputation as a cultural destination. The cultural institutions...
- Nogales voters to decide sales tax for new hospital. // Inside Tucson Business;10/3/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p17
Reports on the opportunity of the Nogales voters to decide on a proposal to raise their city sales tax from 1.25 percent to two percent in order to raise seven million dollars for the construction of a hospital building in Arizona.
- District of Columbia Will Take a Hit from Sequestration. JAGODA, NAOMI // Bond Buyer;9/5/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33974, p6
The article informs that the congressionally-mandated sequestration in the U.S. could take 60 million U.S. dollars of income and sales tax revenue from the District of Columbia's economy thereby causing a loss of 30 million U.S. dollars to the city in federal grants and payments in fiscal 2014.
- Sales tax revenues continue to decline. // Westchester County Business Journal;8/26/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 34, p18
Reports on the decline in sales tax revenues in Westchester County, New York, in the first half of 2002. Impact on the 2002 budget of the county; Plan of the county to raise its sales taxes.
- INDIA PLANS NATIONWIDE RATE OF SALES TAX. // Accountancy;Jun2015, Vol. 154 Issue 1462, p26
The article reports on India's 2015 plan to overhaul the local sales of tax regime following the lower house of parliament's vote through plans to introduce a single rate goods and services tax in May 2015.