House Looks to Keep OMHAR Going, Just Not Independent
- Governor OKs Peace's Consolidation Plan. // San Diego Business Journal;10/02/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p4
Reports the approval of a bill that improves consolidation between regional agencies in San Diego County, California.
- Keep public notices public. ENGEBRETSON, MARK // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);1/16/2013, Vol. 110 Issue 41, p3A
The author discusses the passage of bills filed for consideration at the Texas Legislature and mentions the effort of the journal and the Texas Press Association in increasing the awareness of the public on the responsibilities of the government agencies in Texas.
- Statehouse Report: Maryland: In Search of A Beefed-Up Exam Force. Thompson, Laura K. // American Banker;2/5/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 24, p1
Reports that Maryland Department of Financial Regulation expects the introduction of a legislation in the state's general assembly for its finance. Benefits to be gained by the department from the bill; Recommendations made by the department to increase its finance; Need for financial review of...
- Bill Regarding Reduction of Improper Payments by Federal Agencies Introduced in House. // Contract Management;Aug2002, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p57
Reports the legislation of a bill on the reduction of improper payments by federal agencies in the U.S. Definition of improper payments; Inclusion of improper payment on budget submission; Requirements of improper payments exceeding 1 million dollars.
- Bills Regarding Federal Government Neutrality Toward Contractor Labor Relations Introduced in the House and Senate. // Contract Management;Aug2001, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p41
Focuses on the introduction of bills regarding federal government neutrality toward contract labor relations in the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate. Requirements for the head of executive agencies; Provision of additional exemptions for certain projects; Similarity with the Senate bill...
- Zentz helps Sirti seek out new path. // Journal of Business (10756124);4/21/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p8
In this article the author discusses a bill that would abolish Sirti, the Spokane, Washington-based state economic development agency, and transfer their duties and functions to the new state agency Innovate Washington.
- Consultants go back into the fray on costs issue. // Accountancy;Jan1985, Vol. 96 Issue 1097, p9
Reports on legislative proposals to abolish metropolitan authorities in Great Britain. Reasons of the government for supporting the legislation; Cost of the proposed abolition of the authorities; Findings of government reviews on the finances of metropolitan authorities.
- Bill to abolish metropolitan councils published. // Accountancy;Jan1985, Vol. 96 Issue 1097, p20
Focuses on the provisions of a legislative bill that would abolish metropolitan councils in Great Britain. Transfer of council functions; Authorities to be established as replacement of the councils.
- Government proposes new vicarious liability protection for whistleblowers. // Employers Law;Apr2013, p4
This section offers news briefs from Great Britain in relation to whistleblowing which include the amendment of the Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Bill, the setting up in March 2013 of a Whistleblowing Commissoin by Public Concern at Work and the updating of the guidelines by the Department...