Report Analyzes Clients, Activities of Firms
- Experts Anticipate Slightly Better Second Quarter. Emrich, Anne Bond // Grand Rapids Business Journal;05/07/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p9
Part II. Focuses on the performance of the 'Top 10 Stock Picks for 2001,' as selected by six investment firms in the United States. Corporations selected; Background on the investment firms making the analysis; Forecasts on stock movements.
- Flat market hits firms' bottom line. Sakelaris, Linda // Pensions & Investments;8/24/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p23
Looks at how the flat market performance during the second quarter of 1998 impacted on equity money managers, according to the financial reports of business enterprises in the United States. Comments made by portfolio manager James Crawford of Trevor Stewart Burton and Jacobsen Inc.; Decline in...
- E&O Errors. Giachetti, Thomas D. // Investment Advisor;Aug2011, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p70
The article shares the author's views on the need of investment advisor to purchase an errors and omissions (E&O) insurance for their business in the U.S. He states that the said insurance cover the firm and all of its employees and representatives. He mentions the need of an advisor to adopt a...
- Carpe Diem! A New Look at Life to Generate Sales for Business Owners. Rinn, Andrew J. // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Nov2011, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p84
The business-owner market contains a number of opportunities for financial service professionals aware of the potential of this lucrative demographic. The key to success is seizing the opportunity by bringing forth unique solutions that help business owners achieve their goals
- Going Long. Doe, Thomas // Bond Buyer;3/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32093, p6
This article reports that many portfolio managers who were previously had shorten their benchmarks have capitulated in 2005 to avoid the risk of underperforming in a period of stable to declining interest rates, according to a recent Municipal Market Advisors report. Tender option bond programs,...
- Largest minority- and women-owned firms. // Pensions & Investments;5/15/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p90
Presents the largest American minority- and women-owned money managers. Includes Abacus Financial Group; Advisers Capital; Amerindo.
- THE WEEKS AHEAD. Pasquarelli, Adrianne // Crain's New York Business;2/20/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p32
The article reports on various events related to business to be held in the U.S. in 2006. Cram's New York Business holds networking breakfast and program with Thomas R. Suozzi, Nassau County executive, Sheraton New York, 811 Seventh Avenue, on March 8. Jefferson Wells and Alston & Bird hold...
- Taming the New Beast. // Benefits Quarterly;2001 First Quarter, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p81
The article focuses on a report in the September 2000 issue of "Plan Sponsor" which discussed the growth of merger and acquisition (M&A) activity involving money managers and U.S. businesses. Eighty-seven deals worth $23.1 billion were recorded during the first six months of 2000, twice the...
- Refco Creditors Question PlusFunds Group's lies. Glover, Hannah // Money Management Executive;1/16/2006, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p2
The article presents news related to investment management firms in the United States. The fund manager of Refco Inc. was questioned by the creditors on moving $312 million from Refco to a separate broker-age account at Lehman Brothers. PlusFunds Group Inc., in a letter to shareholders, asserted...