Troubled MTA Might Delay Deal Again
- NEW YORK: Get in Line. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;4/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31355, p37
Reports on the expected sales of municipal bonds in New York City. Approval of the refinancing plan of the New York City Metropolitan Transportation Authority; Amount of bonds to be issued by the Empire State Development Corp.
- Guv eyes delay in huge MTA plan. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;11/20/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 47, p3
Reports that the administration of New York governor George Pataki considers stretching out the Metropolitan Transportation Authority's capital spending. Impact of the defeat of the transportation bond act; Efforts to keep the plan intact without committing more money for downstate mass transit.
- Slow on Budget, N.Y. Legislature Blamed for Derailed MTA Deal. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;05/16/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31140, p1
Reports the debt refinancing plan of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in New York. Struggle of lawmakers to adopt a budget; Expectation of MTA officials on the refinancing; Request on the Capital Program Review Board officials to expedite approval on the bond resolutions.
- Budget calls on N.Y. MTA to restructure, refinance debt. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;09/30/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30737, p33
Reports that the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority has unveiled a 17.5 billion dollar, five-year capital plan. Focus on improving service and maintenance levels; Refinancing of outstanding obligations.
- N.Y.'s MTA Running Out of Places to Turn for New Funding. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;6/22/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31166, p40
Reports on the financial challenges facing New York State's Metropolitan Transportation Authority as of June 22, 2001. Delay in the state's debt-refinancing program; United States House Appropriations Committee's rejection of most of the authority's requests for federal aid for several...
- CRAIN'S ONLINE POLL. // Crain's New York Business;6/16/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 24, p0010
The article presents the result of an online poll that asked who should be held responsible for the problems faced by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA).
- No Deal Yet On W. Side Rail Yards. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;7/27/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32432, p1
The article reports on the possible sale of the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority's (MTA) West Side rail yards. The board of the MTA has authorized its leadership to continue negotiations with New York City officials over the possible rail yard sale. The board has received the...
- Analysts Study Implications of Opposing N.Y. MTA Land Plans. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/15/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32071, p4
Reports on the views of credit analysts on the implications for the financing plan for a sports and convention center on a Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA)-owned land in New York. Terms of the construction plan; Impact of the plan on MTA's ability to deliver services; Resolution of...
- N.Y.'s Paterson Urges Action on MTA Rescue, Saying Capital Plan at Risk. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;3/17/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33081, p6
The article reports on the move of New York Governor David Patrerson to urge the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) concerning the capital plan in the state. Paterson implies that MTA should make an effort to rescue the state's financial. He thinks that there would be a high fare...