- DIANNA THOMAS. Hainer, Michelle // Good Housekeeping;Oct2015, Vol. 261 Issue 4, p80
The article focuses on the efforts of Dianna Thomas of nonprofit organization Thomas Promise Foundation, which strives to provide food services to underprivileged children of 19 schools of Pasco County in Florida, by distributing food bags with items including fruit cups and macaroni & cheese.
- Dwindling Farm Surplus. DE PAUL, STEPHEN // America;1/8/1966, Vol. 114 Issue 2, p37
The author discusses the U.S. foreign-aid program which centers on food relief. He states that the U.S. government's move to supply between 10 and 15 million tons of wheat to India is the first time that will be surrounded with conditions. He notes that the U.S. government is making it plain in...
- Mailbag. LUNA, ESTHER; MOUGHAMIAN, MATT; ADAMS, LISA; HOLCOMB, PAUL; BUCK, ELIJAH TATE; GREEAR, NICK; MADDOX, KATIE; BROOKENS, LEA ANN; BROCK, MELISSA; HASAK, JIM; JAMES,, JACKIE; VON DREHLE, CHERYL; BUCEK, STEFAN A. D.; MACPHAIL, BRYAN; REID, JONE; HODGES, CHARLES; JACOBSON, BEVERLY; LEIGHTNER, PAUL E.; TANAKA, AMY // World (0888157X);12/28/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p67
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in the previous issues on topics including the aid of the U.S. government to Syrian refugees, the use of Bible verses to attack American singer and actress Miley Cyrus, and the Contemporary Christian Music (CCM) culture.
- UNHAPPY LAND. Fuoss, Robert // Saturday Evening Post;6/22/1946, Vol. 218 Issue 51, p18
Discusses the author's experience of visiting Europe as a guest of the U.S. War Department to observe what had been accomplished in the first year of peace. Existence of desperate hunger in the cities of Germany and Austria; Information on the smuggling of U.S. food across the border of...
- Food and the crisis. // America;10/18/1947, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p62
The article asserts that U.S. President Harry Truman and the Citizens Food Committee have placed the issue of European food relief up to the conscience of the individual American. It states that peace is somewhat guaranteed in voluntary limiting personal wants and in aiding the hungry. It notes...
- COMMENT. // America;4/22/1939, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p26
The article offers opinion on a variety of issues as of April 22, 1939. It is noted that there is an observed departure from the constitutional prohibition against restraints upon interstate commerce in the U.S. The Congress is said to have been continuing its efforts to revise the existing...
- 31% see more promos in '97: Menu brand-counts rise. // FoodService Director;3/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p1s
Reports on findings from `FoodService Director' periodical's study of menu-brand trends in the United States. Non-commercial operators' promotion of manufacturer brands daily and weekly; Increase in the number of food kiosks; Initiatives launched by soup marketers Campbell's and Stockpot; Taco...
- Breakfast cart revs up Marathon Oil Tower sales. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p5
Comments on the impact of the introduction of breakfast carts on the sales made by the Marathon Oil Tower in Houston, Texas. Information on the operations of the cart; Details on the service offered by the carts; Reference to the affordability of the commodities offered; Factors which influence...
- CALENDAR. // FoodService Director;11/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p60
Presents a schedule of events for the food service industry in Canada and the U.S. from November 2004 to October 2005.