The Spring Break Effect
- Empty Promises. Kadey, Matthew G. // Runner's World;Sep2009, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p34
The article presents information on various implications of labels on packaged foods like multigrain bread, organic salmon, and trans-fat free spread.
- Untitled. // New Yorker;11/16/1963, Vol. 39 Issue 39, p207
The article presents information about a label on a bottle of French salad dressing. This exquisite salad dressing is served in a Russian style and its net content per bottle is 8 oz. The salad dressing is said to be a product of Amish Farm.
- Thai meets modern living. // Food & Drink Technology;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p17
The article reports on the plan of Ampol Food Processing company to launch five varieties of traditional Thai curry in aseptic carton packs. It states that the Masamun and Panang curries will be packed in Combibloc Compact 500ml and Combibloc 250 ml packs. It notes that the packs were designed...
- Predictive Migration Model for Organic Contaminants from Printed Paper (Board) Food Packaging Materials into Food. XUE Meigui; TIAN Leyuan; YANG Yuchun; WANG Shuangfei // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Vol. 731, p471
The organic contaminants which in the printing inks or varnish of paper (board) surface can migrate via paper (board) to the packed food (simulants) in the form of gases and do harm to the health of consumers.To predict the concentration of them in the packed food (simulants) at a given storage...
- GLUTEN-FREE PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE BROWNIES. PORTALE, ELISE // Yum Food & Fun for Kids;Fall2015, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p18
A recipe for the Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies is presented.
- Front of pack labelling. Rich, Katherine // FMCG;Jul2013, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p46
The article talks about the plan of the Australian government to adopt what it calls a health star rating labelling system on packaged foods. The Front of Pack Labelling system is designed to give consumers at-a-glance information about the food they are buying. New Zealand was not convinced by...
- Simple and substantial. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;10/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p60
Emphasizes that turkey is one of the most popular meats among students in the U.S. Favorite student meal at Hudson College in Bangor, Maine; Turkey dishes at west Virginia University in Morgantown; Reason for the popularity of chicken for catered events than turkey.
- MedCHEFS Program Breaks New Ground for Medical Students. PISCIOTTA, MARLA // State Journal (WV);1/30/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p17
No abstract available.
- South of the border. McKay, Gretchen // Executive Report;May97, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p50
Reports that schools just over the West Virginia border draw thousands of students from western Pennsylvania. Programs being offered at West Virginia University (WVU); How WVU targets prospective students with an aggressive marketing campaign that includes everything from commercials on cable...