Specials spring up
- The New Specialized Menu. Harvey, Aimee // Prepared Foods;Aug2015, Vol. 184 Issue 8, p40
The article discusses the efforts of restaurant operators in the U.S. to use offerings in order to revitalize the guests' perception of their concept. Topics mentioned include percentage of menu items reduced by chains in the Top 500 restaurant segment according to research firm Technomic's...
- Brightening up winter. // Restaurant Business;Jan2010, Vol. 109 Issue 1, pFSB6
The article focuses on limited-time offer (LTOs) and seasonal sales promotions of U.S.-based restaurants. Menu items that incorporate fresh ingredients and ideas are offered by Panera Bread, Not Your Average Joe's and Daphne's Greek Cafï¿½. Togo's introduced six Mini Classics, while On the...
- Going for broke: Prix-fixe menus prod cost-conscious diners to spend more. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;4/27/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 15, p1
The article reports that multicourse meals at lower prices in several American restaurants drives customers to order more and stimulates business growth. Food psychologist Brian Wansink noted that meals consisting of an appetizer, main course, and dessert or prix-fixe meals greatly attract...
- MENU TRACKER. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/11/2014, Vol. 48 Issue 15, p6
The article reports on menu additions at several restaurant chains across the U.S. as of August 2014, including at Bruegger's, Dunkin Donuts, and Corner Bakery Cafe.
- New higher-end restaurant to launch in Provo next month. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;8/10/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p5
The article announces the opening of Communal restaurant at 100 North and University Avenue in Provo, Utah on September 9, 2009. The restaurant, which will feature a small menu based on "sustainable" ingredients, is owned by partners Colton Soelberg and Joseph McRae. It will have a total seating...
- MARKETING TO PENNY PINCHERS. Feeman, Robert // Restaurant Business;Mar2009, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p22
The article looks at the strategies adopted by some U.S. restaurant operators to provide deals to value-seeking customers. Phil Friedman of McMister's Deli launched a Choose Any Two menu for $5.99 in a bid to enhance value. Friedman says the promotion is successful in building traffic and...
- Restaurant review: Sushi Mara. Sherman Chan // Filipino Post;9/18/2014, p4
No abstract available.
- Challenging times. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;9/17/2012, Vol. 46 Issue 19, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the photo sharing promotion strategy of restaurants to drive engagement and sales, health care reform, and factors that are fueling restaurants in the U.S.
- Brands aim to boost images by promoting physical activity. Jennings, Lisa // Nation's Restaurant News;5/17/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p39
The article reports on the marketing strategy of several restaurant operators in the U.S. to boost their images through incorporating healthy offerings on their menu and promoting physical activities.