- TONY ALMEIDA, ROBERT WOOD JOHNSON UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL: In Touch at RWJ. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;6/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p28
Features Tony Almeida, director of the nutrition department at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, New Jersey. Educational and career background of the director; Challenges faced as food service director in healthcare; Efforts done to improve hospital foodservice.
- Face facts: Branded salads sell. // FoodService Director;7/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p6
The article deals with the line of prepackaged salads that Tony Almeida, director of food and nutrition, environmental and host services at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Jersey, introduced to boost the sales of the hospital's cafeteria. The salad, selling 80 units a day, comes...
- Stacey Versus the Cafeteria Lady. Bumpus, Stacey // Angels on Earth;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p16
The author relates how a cafeteria lady she met at the hospital helped her to recover from a leg injury.
- Why your career may be stuck in neutral. // Administrative Professional Today;Aug2013, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p2
The article presents a discussion on the possible problems and solutions if one's career appears to be going nowhere, adapted from the article "Somebody, help, I'm stuck: Why you're not advancing" by Joel Garfinkle in "SmartBrief" SmartBlog on Leadership.
- In Search of 'Satisfaction.'. // FoodService Director;10/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p12
The article deals with the techniques that have been successful in improving patient satisfaction regarding health care food service, according to food service operators in the U.S. The significance of the patient preference list to the patient satisfaction initiative of Southern Ohio Medical...
- At Your Service! Lawn, John // Food Management;Aug2004, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p0
Focuses on food service management at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, New Jersey. Food service innovations achieved by the department under food service director Tony Almeida; Patient meal programs; Almeida's food service background; Use of technology in patient feeding.
- WHAT'S Ahead FOR Healthcare? // Food Management;Sep2000, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p38
Focuses on the revolution in the hospital foodservices discussed in a videoconference assembled by the National Society of Healthcare Food Service Management. Introduction of retail dining in healthcare; Emphasis on the intercultural difference in foodservice between Europe and the United...
- Chance and Circumstance. // FoodService Director;8/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p20
The article profiles John Athamanah, manager of foodservices at La Rabida Children's Hospital in Chicago, Illinois, including the influence of his mother on his interest in foodservice, career in clinical nutrition and his first job as a clinical nutrition manager.
- AT PRESBYTERIAN HOSPITAL: ROOM SVC. HITS PLANO. // FoodService Director;9/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p6
Presents information on a hotel-style room service program implemented at the Presbyterian Hospital in Plano, Texas in 2003. Description of the type of service used prior to the program; Details of the room service process; Impact of the program on the food service staff requirements of the...