- `Keep moving to grow.' // FoodService Director;12/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p98
Profiles Dean Wright, director of Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah. Professional information on Wright; Comments from Wright; Salary earned by Wright as the director.
- Great ideas you can use now. // Food Management;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p26
Presents creative ideas on foodservice management. Includes online recruitment of student labor at colleges; Offering of opportunities for career mobilization; Offering of training program to tap on unused potentials of the conveyor oven; Provision of incentives linked with employees' mealtime...
- The power of people. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;10/25/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 22, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on the different strategies being pursued by full-service operators to get involved in the fast-casual market by Lisa Jennings, the skyrocketing appeal of pomegranates by Pam Parseghian, and the message...
- The difference between the winners and losers will be the `human' factor. Van Warner, Rick // Nation's Restaurant News;10/07/96, Vol. 30 Issue 39, p35
Editorial. Comments on the significance of the workforce as a key to the success of any food service operation. Operators' tendency to ignore labor-related problems; Importance of operations' human-resources department; Progressive companies' efforts to highlight the role of employees in their...
- Food Protection Management Training Course Available to Food Service Establishments. // Munday Courier (TX);5/ 3/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p4
The article reports on the two-day Food Protection Management training for food service managers to be held at the Taylor County Extension Office located in Taylor County Expo grounds in Abilene, Texas on May 21-22, 2012.
- Food's a Numbers Game at World's Largest Casino. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;9/1/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 35, p18
Presents information on the management of food services offered at Connecticut-based casino Foxwoods Casino. Number of restaurants at the casino; Information on various employees that are responsible to manage food and beverages services in the casino; Appraisal of a stewarding department in...
- Where do you go for inspiration? Conway, Sharon // FoodService Director;9/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p58
The article offers the author's thoughts on how her fellow colleagues has inspired her throughout her years as a foodservice director.
- Food Protection Management course offered. // Munday Courier (TX);6/ 7/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p3
The article provides information on a two-day food protection management training for food service managers to be held at the Taylor Country Extension Office, Texas on July 9, 2012 and July 16, 2012
- Lead employees to learning. Schuster, Karolyn; Molaro, Audrey // Food Management;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p17
Suggests ways to motivate food service employees to seek out training and educational opportunities. Hiring of self-motivated employees; Spread of popularity of a course through word of mouth; Opening of career advancement opportunities; Networking among employees.