- confessions. // FoodService Director;8/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p86
The article presents an interview with University of Georgia Food Services executive director Jeanne Fry who discusses the worst part of her job, her greatest career achievement, and her dream vacation.
- Paul Stanley. // FoodService Director;3/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p18
The article presents an interview with Paul Stanley, director of dining services at Sedona-Oak Creek Unified School District, who discusses his proudest accomplishment, the funniest on-the-job disaster and his most rewarding moment.
- 30 UNDER 30. // FoodService Director;8/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p24
An interview with Shannon Donahue, marketing manager and cafÃ© supervisor at Standford Graduate School of Business' Bon AppÃ©tit in Palo Alto, California, and Samantha Martin, dietetic technician at Overlook Hospital in Summit, New Jersey, is presented. They describe their proudest...
- Capitalizing on a la carte dollars. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;Mar1998, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p30
Focuses on strategies which school foodservice directors (FSD) are devising to enable them to protect their nutritional and educational credibility, while reaping the financial benefits of a la carte programs. Problems experience from a la carte lines; Views of Mary Andersen, a FSD; Information...
- Quality control is now by the book. // Food Management;Apr98, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p20
Presents information on the manual `Quality Measures for Georgia's School Nutrition Program,' which can be used to provide school foodservice directors in Georgia with information on how to improve efficiencies and service. Comments from Annette Bomar, director of the school and community...
- Child protection madness takes the biscuit. // Education (14637073);10/15/2010, Issue 407, p3
The article discusses St. Mary's Primary School in County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland where a catering supervisor was dismissed from her job after she gave a child a cookie and was accused of "child grooming" under the Child Protection Act.
- Small Soldiers and Better Food. Wright, Jr., Fred W. // Mother Earth News;Feb/Mar2000, Issue 178, p13
Highlights the decision of the Berkeley United School District to require schools in Berkeley, California to provide students with pesticide-free, herbicide-free and hormone-free foods. Details on the implementation of the decision; Challenges faced by Berkeley's organic foods project; Opinion...
- VT Names New Sustainability Coordinator. // FoodService Director;12/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p8
The article announces that Dining Services at 30,000-student Virginia Tech has named Andy Sarjajhani as dining services' sustainability coordinator.
- Child nutrition programs differ, challenges similar, forum concludes. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/12/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 32, p18
Discusses the 4th annual Global Child Nutrition Forum held in Minneapolis, Minnesota on August 2002. Objective of the forum; Challenges facing school food service directors; Countries that participated in the forum.