All the Right Steps
- In his own words. Wainwright, Lyndon // Dance Today;May2010, Vol. 54 Issue 104, p42
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of meeting Felicia, his first wife and dance partner and how his interest in ballroom dancing developed.
- Bix at the Alhambra Ballroom. Raichelson, Dick // IAJRC Journal;Dec2008, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p39
The article explores the author's experience of researching the Bix at the Alhambra Ballroom in Syracuse, New York.
- Dance, dance, wherever you may be... Martin, Lorna // New Statesman;9/1/2008, Vol. 137 Issue 4912, p20
A personal narrative is presented in which the author describes her love of ballroom dancing.
- In his own words. Wainwright, Lyndon // Dance Today;Jun2010, Vol. 54 Issue 105, p40
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's dance partnership with and marriage to his wife and their first professional ballroom performance in 1943.
- The Crystal Necklace. Warner, Charles S. // Good Old Days;Dec2006, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p12
The author recalls his experience attending ball room dancing classes in 1954 when he was 12 years old. The lessons were held in the basement of Grace Episcopal Church in Cincinnati, Ohio. The girl she always wanted to dance with was Carol, who lived not far from the church. He remembers buying...
- dance diary. Gallagher-Hughes, Alison // Dance Today;Apr2007, Vol. 51 Issue 67, p47
The article discusses the author's experience of attending a ballroom masterclass with Anton Du Beke and Erin Boag. After 30 seconds of demonstrating the capabilities of the students in waltz, the couple dancer decided to get everybody back to basics. She says that she was not able to follow...
- Queen of the dance. Heinrich, Karen // Australian Women's Weekly;May2007, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p314
The article discusses the author's experience of being a Latin American ballroom dancer during the 1960s. The author is currently one of the judges in the reality television program "Dancing With the Stars." She became a dancing legend together with her husband, Robert. They did not started...
- Dipped, whipped and waltzed. Holmes, Hannah // Women's Sports & Fitness;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p74
Relates the author's experiences at a ballroom dancing class with her boyfriend. Author's views about ballroom dancing as a contact sport; Dances learned; How the experience changed her boyfriend's previous aversion towards dancing.
- Strictly ballroom. Essex, Andrew // Entertainment Weekly;08/09/96, Issue 339, p14
Discusses the popularity of ballroom dancing. Number of dancers who have registered with the United States Amateur Ballroom Dancers Association; The high ratings of PBS' television show `Championship Ballroom Dancing'; The recognition given to ballroom dancing by the International Olympic...