Crowning an Ultimate Chef
- Diab steps down at Walmart. // Chain Drug Review;11/23/2015, Vol. 37 Issue 19, p1
The article announces that Labeed Diab, formerly health and wellness president at retailer Walmart, has joined Brooksdale Senior Living Co. which operates assisted and independent living centers for the elderly.
- SALON CULINAIRE. Vanderkar, Lauren // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/15/2009, Vol. 198 Issue 4560, p28
The article provides information about Salon Culinaire, a competition that has gained significant reputation among chefs around the world. It states that the 2009 Salon Culinaire provides participants with eight kitchens, 50 competition classes and a live audience in preparing their dishes. It...
- ALL ABOUT THAT TASTE. KILLIAN, KELLY SMITH // Restaurant Business;Dec2014, Vol. 113 Issue 12, p6
In the article, the author offers information on the criteria of choosing the winners for the Clean Plate Award of the journal that rewards delicious foods served in the U.S. restaurants. Topics discussed include friends and professionals referring several restaurants they have tried, the words...
- GOOD FOOD. Marchese, Marina // Bee Culture;Dec2014, Vol. 142 Issue 12, p56
The article offers the author's insights on honey which has been added as a food category at the fifth annual Good Food Awards (GFA) competition. She states that she first learned of the GFA in March 2014 when Slow Food movement former governor chair Christine Schantz attended one of her honey...
- A Successful Event, "Kitchen Queens" was Held at Julio's Pizza in Artesia on October 1st. // India -- West;10/9/2015, Vol. 40 Issue 47, pB38
No abstract available.
- JUST LIKE HOME COOKIN'. Tilton, Buck // Backpacker;Aug2001, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p58
Presents information on taste testing of several food categories preferred by hikers.
- SWEET SENSATION. // Science World;5/6/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 14, p9
Provides information on the role of nerve cells in food tasting.
- Hudson Food & Wine Tasting Festival August 1 & 2 benefits McQuade funds. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;04/13/98, Vol. 8 Issue 25, p14
Features the Bounty of the Hudson Food & Wine Tasting Festival scheduled on August 1-2, 1998, in New York. Activities at the event; McQuade Children's Services as beneficiary of the festival; Wineries sponsoring the event; Contact information.
- Sensory analysis hones good taste. Brandt, Laura A. // Prepared Foods;Jun98, Vol. 167 Issue 6, p71
Discusses the significance of solid sensory evaluation. Information on the course titled `Applied Sensory Evaluation Techniques' at Cook College, Rutgers, The State University; Importance of consumer testing to food formulators; Selection of panelist for the evaluation; Test types; Shelf life...