CODES & STANDARDS
- PUBLICATION UPDATES. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Oct2009, Vol. 46 Issue 4, Special section p22
The article reports on the updates of the Air Movement and Control Association (AMCA) International Inc. publications in the U.S. It notes that the "AMCA Publication 502-06 (R2009), Damper Application Manual For Heating, Ventiling and Air Conditioning" was reaffirmed by the AMCA membership on...
- AMCA International's Certified Ratings Program. BROOKS, JOE; ULLRICH, LISA; IVANOVICH, MICHAEL // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Jan2015, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p10
The article offers information on the Certified Ratings Program (CRP) of Air Movement and Control Association (AMCA) International Inc. It states that custom products cannot be certified by AMCA whose certification process is accredited by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation....
- United States Fan Efficiency Codes and Standards Update. IVANOVICH, MICHAEL // ASHRAE Journal;Fall2013 Supplement, p4
The article discusses updates on U.S. codes and standards on fan efficiency. The Air Movement and Control Association International Inc. (AMCA) Standard 205 Energy Efficiency Classification for Fans defines fan efficiency grades (FEGs) and orders that size of fans must be referenced to its rated...
- FYI... Gargaro, Kyle // Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration News;11/8/2004, Vol. 223 Issue 10, p5
This article presents information on the events and people associated with the heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVCA) industry. Lennox Industries announced a price increase for its North American residential and commercial HVAC products, with effect from December 1, 2004. The increase...
- CODES & STANDARDS. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Feb2011, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p12
The article focuses on several announcements from institutions in the heating and ventilation industry. Air Movement and Control Association (AMCA) International Inc. looks for volunteers to assess the review committees of their standards. The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and...
- CALENDAR. // ASHRAE Journal;Fall2013 Supplement, p28
A calendar of events for the Air Movement and Control Association International Inc. (AMCA) in 2013 and 2014 is presented which includes a public comment hearing, annual meeting, and exposition on air-conditioning, heating, refrigerating (AHR).
- AMCA Signs Agreement With Eurovent At Meeting. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/29/2003, Vol. 220 Issue 18, p6
Reports the agreement between Air Movement and Control Association International Inc. (AMCA) and Eurovent in Spain. Terms of the agreement; Responsibility of AMCA for fan testing and laboratory accreditation; Objectives of the agreement.
- Korean lab accredited to perform AMCA testing. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Oct2009, Vol. 46 Issue 4, Special section p22
The article reports on the accreditation of Korea Machinery-Meter and Petrochemical Testing and Research Institute (MPI) laboratory in Pyeongtaek-City, South Korea to perform air and sound test based on the Air Movement and Control Association (AMCA) International Inc.'s test standards 210 and...
- Hint: Review those AHU shop drawings. McKew, Howard // Engineered Systems;Feb98, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p10
Gives advise on consulting the 1996 American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) Handbook and Air Movement and Control Association's (AMCA) Standards Handbook when selecting a centrifugal fan and system layout. Tips to follow when specifying a centrifugal fan.