Code Group Names 'Places to Watch in 2010'
- The Winter Efficiency Protagonist: Best Practice For A Partial Waterside Economizer. Greeley, Damon G. // Engineered Systems;Mar2006, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p68
The article discusses best practice methodologies for using partial waterside economizers to maximize the efficiency of a chiller system, citing the case of the Northeast Medical Center in Concord, North Carolina. The health facility has installed a chiller, a cooling tower and a second...
- Efficiency = jobs. Sullivan, C.C. // Buildings;Feb95, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the decline of the rate of energy efficiency in buildings in the United States. Cost savings; Job creation; Environmental protection.
- Canada's energy miser. DiChristian, M.; Carnett, J.B. // Popular Science;Dec90, Vol. 237 Issue 6, p94
Visits the Advanced House in a Toronto suburb, that may be the most energy-efficient house in Canada. It uses just one-fourth the energy of other homes. Design details; Features. INSET: Integrating just about everything..
- Save energy, save money. W.G.P. // Popular Science;Jun98, Vol. 252 Issue 6, p38
Gives information on the budget proposal of the administration of United States president, Bill Clinton, which includes benefits for buyers of energy-efficient homes. Description of the benefits; Who the plan is available to; Requirements for qualifying homes.
- Heating up and cutting back. // Energy User News;Dec99, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p21
Reports on the energy efficiency project at the Pacific Grand multi-unit residential condominium building in Honolulu, Hawaii. Installation of energy-efficient heat pump water heaters, lightweight storage tanks and a computerized monitoring system; Benefits of the system to the environment with...
- California municipality transforms infrastructure. // Energy User News;Dec99, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p23
Reports on the project to upgrade equipment to reduce mechanical failures and improve indoor air quality and comfort problems in buildings in the City of Orange, Orange County, California that average 30 years of age. Installation of a double-duct VAV air-handling system for each of the four...
- Made in the shade. Kourik, Robert; Jackson, Jeff // Garbage;Jun/Jul93, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p44
Discusses how landscaping can be used to help conserve energy, reduce air-conditioning costs and heating bills. Strategic placement of trees and shrubs to conserve energy; Payback for the full costs of a contractor-installed, energy conserving landscape; Importance of properly placing trees for...
- The advance house. Vaz, Angelina // Women & Environments;Winter/Spring91, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p51
Focuses on Advanced House in Toronto, Ontario, a prototype for housing that is environmentally responsible. Ability of the house' Integrated Mechanical System to decrease annual energy consumption by fifty percent; Neutralization of the unit's environmental advantages by its high cost;...
- Large-scale landlords heed energy costs. Henderson, Zorika Petic // Human Ecology;Summer91, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p29
Reports that landlords owning a substantial number of rental units are making their properties energy efficient. Higher resale value of energy efficient housing; Participation of landlords in energy audits; Energy Investment Loan Program in New York State.