Aim for US retro display at the Design Museum
- Eames like old times. Tyrnauer, Matthew // Vanity Fair;Jun94, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p91
Features design innovators and filmmakers Charles and Ray Eames. Number of short films produced by the Eames; Description of the Eames' film `Powers of Ten'; Honoring of the Eames at the First Annual Charles and Ray Eames Film Festival.
- Sharing a life by design. Blair Jr., James W. // Christian Science Monitor;1/3/2000, Vol. 93 Issue 27, p15
Discusses the popularity of furniture made by Charles and Ray Eames.
- Charles and Ray Eames: Where they worked. S.A.; Cohen, Edie // Interior Design;Jul96, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p33
Reports that the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art in California has recreated the conference room of the studio in which Charles and Ray Eames created some of their iconic furniture, exhibition designs and films.
- Super powers of ten. Nasatir, Judith // Interior Design;Oct97, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p25
Reports on the September 20th, 1997, opening of an exhibition showcasing the work of the Eames' office titled `The Work of Charles & Ray Eames: A Legacy of Invention,' at the Vitra Design Museum, Weil am Rheim, Germany. What the exhibition comprises; Curator of the exhibition.
- Eames auction in Illinois. // Architectural Digest;May99, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p30
Provides information on the auction of furniture and sculpture designed by husband and wife artists Charles and Ray Eames of Illinois. Features of Charles and Ray's furniture; Contact information.
- Of Two Minds. Abercrombie, Stanley // Town & Country;Jun99, Vol. 153 Issue 5229, p114
Profiles Charles and Ray Eames, furniture designers. Description of their works; Background information on the couple; Information on `A Legacy of Invention,' an exhibition at the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C., that featured the works of the couple.
- House of Mirth. Pittel, Christine // House Beautiful;Dec99, Vol. 141 Issue 12, p74
Describes the design and decoration of the house owned by couple Charles and Ray Eames.
- Kevin McCullagh. // Design Week;4/7/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p14
Focuses on the inspiring effect of the works of graphic designers Charles and Ray Eames, who designed the film "The Power of Ten" in Great Britain. Setting of the motion picture; Value of looking at things from the next largest frame of reference; Abilities of the designers.
- The Aeron chair gets unseated. Chien, Ginny // Daily Variety;12/6/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 44, pB4
Features the Aluminum chairs from designers Charles Eames and Ray Eames. Popularity of aluminum chairs; Price of an aluminum chair; Association between business failure and Aeron chairs.