Aim for US retro display at the Design Museum
- Eames like old times. Tyrnauer, Matthew // Vanity Fair;Jun94, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p91
Features design innovators and filmmakers Charles and Ray Eames. Number of short films produced by the Eames; Description of the Eames' film `Powers of Ten'; Honoring of the Eames at the First Annual Charles and Ray Eames Film Festival.
- Sharing a life by design. Blair Jr., James W. // Christian Science Monitor;1/3/2000, Vol. 93 Issue 27, p15
Discusses the popularity of furniture made by Charles and Ray Eames.
- Ray and Charles Eames. // House Beautiful;May2002, Vol. 114 Issue 5, p156
Profiles interior designers Ray and Charles Eames. Background information on the couple; Contribution to interior design; Description of their California Case Study House.
- Charles and Ray Eames: Where they worked. S.A.; Cohen, Edie // Interior Design;Jul96, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p33
Reports that the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art in California has recreated the conference room of the studio in which Charles and Ray Eames created some of their iconic furniture, exhibition designs and films.
- Super powers of ten. Nasatir, Judith // Interior Design;Oct97, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p25
Reports on the September 20th, 1997, opening of an exhibition showcasing the work of the Eames' office titled `The Work of Charles & Ray Eames: A Legacy of Invention,' at the Vitra Design Museum, Weil am Rheim, Germany. What the exhibition comprises; Curator of the exhibition.
- Eames auction in Illinois. // Architectural Digest;May99, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p30
Provides information on the auction of furniture and sculpture designed by husband and wife artists Charles and Ray Eames of Illinois. Features of Charles and Ray's furniture; Contact information.
- The Eames Era. Fenster, J. M. // American Heritage;Apr2001, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p20
Focuses on chairs designed by abstract painter, Ray Eames and her husband, architect Charles. Establishment of the design firm, the Eames Office; Three influential chairs of the twentieth century designed by the Eames Office; Clients.
- Of Two Minds. Abercrombie, Stanley // Town & Country;Jun99, Vol. 153 Issue 5229, p114
Profiles Charles and Ray Eames, furniture designers. Description of their works; Background information on the couple; Information on `A Legacy of Invention,' an exhibition at the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C., that featured the works of the couple.
- House of Mirth. Pittel, Christine // House Beautiful;Dec99, Vol. 141 Issue 12, p74
Describes the design and decoration of the house owned by couple Charles and Ray Eames.