Limited liability may be a limit for some. For the rest, it's a liability
- Private companies. // Business News New Jersey;1998 Book of Lists, Vol. 11, p112
Ranks private companies in New Jersey by number of employees in their payroll. Includes Prudential Insurance Co. of America; Wakefern Food; Pathmark Stores; DialAmerica Marketing; Formosa Plastics.
- Largest privately held companies. Falacienski, Laura // Crain's Cleveland Business;6/12/95, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p23
Presents a list of the largest private companies in Cleveland, Ohio, ranked by 1994 revenues. Contact information; Revenues in 1993; Number of employees; Year founded; Lines of business; Top executive.
- Chicago's leading private firms. Ramirez, Cecilia; Gibson, Stacey // Crain's Chicago Business;12/30/96 Book of Lists, Vol. 19 Issue 53, p13
Presents statistics on the leading private companies in Chicago, Illinois, which were ranked by 1995 revenues.
- Largest privately held companies. Fenrick, Katrina; Pospichal, Marie // Crain's Chicago Business;12/30/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 52, p7
Presents a list of privately held companies in Chicago, Illinois. Selection of companies based on revenue earned in 2001; Information on companies posting maximum revenue increase and decrease in 2001; Information on number of employees employed in Chicago area.
- New York Area's Top Privately Held Companies. // Crain's New York Business;12/30/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 52, p11
Presents statistics related to top privately held companies of New York area ranked by annual revenues as of December 30, 2002. Type of companies excluded from the list; Contact information available for private companies for their appearance in the list; Nature of business of companies listed.
- Crain's list of privately held firms. // Crain's New York Business;12/30/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 52, p15
Focuses on the source of information for the list of 200 top privately held companies in New York area. Eligibility criteria for various firms to be listed in the list; Type of firms excluded from the list; Contact information for private companies for their appearance in the list.
- Federal payrolls rules: One reason not to form an LLC. Becourtney, Neil; Morris, Edwin B.; al, et // CPA Journal;Feb96, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p67
Presents two important payroll matters to consider in establishing a Limited Liability Company (LLC). Partners as not employees of a partnership; Partnership as not a participant in a common paymaster arrangement.
- Private sector employers. Truong, Tommy T. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;06/01/98 Supplement 98 Book of List, Issue 322310, p76
Lists the top private sector employers in the Central San Joaquin Valley in California as ranked by the number of full-time employees in 1997. Includes Zack Farms; Gottschalks; Saint Agnes Medical Center.
- Briefcases. // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/4/93, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p10A
Reports on the inclusion of 16 Indiana companies in the 1993 Inc. 500 list of the fastest growing private companies in the United States. Rank of company; Percent growth over a five year period.
- Average revenue by sector (from 1995-1996). // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/20/97 Supplement Top 50 & 25 Pri, Vol. 44 Issue 42, p51
Presents charts reflecting local revenue generated by Long Island, New York-based private companies, presented with the 1997 Entrepreneurial Spirit Awards, based on industry sector from fiscal 1995-1996.