Small firms extend cautious welcome to Brown's budget
- Confidence returning despite volume fall. // Commercial Motor;11/26/2009, Vol. 210 Issue 5359, p49
The article offers information on a study conducted by the Confederation of British Industry which reveals that the small business enterprises (SMEs) are expecting their businesses to stabilise in near future.
- Are we allowed optimism now? BAKER, HEATHER // PRWeek (London);8/23/2013, p15
The article reports that the prediction by the British business organization Confederation of British Industry (CBI) that business investment will grow by 7.3% and the recovery of the European Zone was met by small businesses with cautious optimism.
- Optimism among smaller manufacturers on the rise. // Operations Management (1755-1501);2014, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p6
The article focuses on the small and medium-sized enterprise survey of the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) which shows that the optimism of the small manufacturing companies in Great Britain has increased and reached its highest level.
- Improve investment returns for small businessesâ€”CBI. // Accountancy;Aug1979, Vol. 90 Issue 1032, p33
Focuses on the expansion of small businesses for the improvement of investment as declared by the Smaller Firms Council of the Confederation of British Industry. Prioritization of the small firm policy; Equality of tax treatment as between individuals and institutions; Ability to offset losses...
- Tories' business rate plans bad for councils. Harding, David // Public Finance;04/11/97, p4
Discusses the implications of the government's plans to exempt many small businesses from the uniform business rate. Possible increase in work and cost for councils; Need for review of the business rate system; Increase in the overall business rate of larger firms; Placing an extra burden on...
- The human factor. Wheatcroft, Patience; Dimitranova, Nelly // Management Today;May2001, p35
Focuses on tax overcharging of small businesses in Great Britain. Criticisms on major banks; Investigations on bank behaviors; Essence of bank problems.
- New pension plan 'jeopardises jobs' Walsh, Charlotte // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;6/2/2006, Issue 2719, p9
The article reports on the Confederation of British Industry's (CBI) warning that small travel agencies could be forced to reduce staff if the British government approves the proposed pension reforms. CBI warns that small employers could be affected financially if they have to pay 3% of staff...
- Small firms see orders and output continue to fall. // Credit Management;Mar2013, p8
The article informs that according to the Small and medium enterprises (SME) Trends Survey by Confederation of British Industry (CBI) in Great Britain, there is a continuous downfall in the number of domestic and export orders of SMEs.
- Chancellor announces series of business rates concessions. // DIY Week;12/13/2013, Issue 5744, p1
The article reports on the business rates concessions in Great Britain announced by Chancellor George Osborne for 2014, including cap increase on business rate, extension of rates relief for small business, and provision of a reoccupation relief for businesses moving into vacant properties.