Gruntal's McGrath Moves to Nuveen
- On Expanding while Others Are Shrinking. Plotkin, Ben // njbiz;8/18/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 33, p15
Interviews Ben Plotkin, CEO of brokerage firm Ryant Beck, about the merger of the firm with Gruntal. Motivation behind the merger; Implementation of the expansion plan; Challenges encountered during the merger.
- EXECUTIVE CHANGES. PTACEK, MEGAN J. // American Banker;7/19/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 136, p8
Looks at various executive changes in the financial services industry in the United States as of July 19, 1999. Gruntal & Co.'s hiring of Edward E. Dunleavy as the executive vice president of its equity division; Federal Reserve Bank of New York's promotion of four assistant vice presidents to...
- Brokerage gets a handyman. Willis, Gerri // Crain's New York Business;12/4/95, Vol. 11 Issue 49, p29
Profiles Robert Rittereiser, chief executive officer at Gruntal & Co. Reputation; Career history; Family background; Job responsibilities; Background information on the company.
- Confidence in BankAmerica: Target price raised. Elstein, Aaron // American Banker;8/23/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 162, p20
Reports on Gruntal & Co.'s raising of its price target on BankAmerica Corp. Renewed confidence in banks after consumer credit quality scare; Record number of consumer bankruptcy filings; Forecast of growth for Bank of New York's government securities processing business.
- Fraud fine. // Crain's New York Business;4/15/96, Vol. 11 Issue 16, p38
Reports the Manhattan-based securities firm, Gruntal & Company agreed to pay the fines and refund its customers. What happened to employees involvement in the embezzlement scheme; Management's apology for their staff actions.
- Gruntal Responds. Rittereiser, Robert P. // Fortune;4/28/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 8, p30
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "The Shabby Side of the Street" in the March 3, 2003 issue.
- Gruntal adds hire in muni trading office. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;02/17/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30332, p27
Focuses on Gruntal & Co.'s hiring of Oleh Czmola as part of an effort to build the firm's municipal trading department.
- Gruntal promotion. // Crain's New York Business;6/17/96, Vol. 12 Issue 25, p50
Announces the promotion of Lee Fensterstock as president and chief operating officer of Gruntal & Co. Embezzlement scandal of chairman Robert P. Rittereiser.
- Gruntal management practices home (insurance) improvement. Birger, Jon // Crain's New York Business;3/10/97, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p16
Reports on the reaction of Gruntal & Company chief executive Robert Rittereiser, to the praise he received from the decision at the company to allow him to lead a management buyout of the securities firm. Comments from Rittereiser; Plans of Rittereiser for Gruntal's business.