Senate on the Verge of Confirming Pitt as Chairman
- White House: Pitt Criticism Political. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31490, p1/8
Reports the request on the termination of chairman Harvey Pitt by the Bush Administration officials in the U.S. Engagement of Pitt in a behavior eroding the credibility of the Securities and Exchange Commission; Initiation of the termination request by Majority Leader Tom Daschle and Minority...
- Pitt may be gone, but the problem remains. Harding, Sy // New Hampshire Business Review;11/15/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p13A
Reports the resignation of Harvey Pitt as chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission in the U.S. Career highlights; Reason for resignation; Purpose of creating the Commission; Appointment of William Webster to fill the position of Pitt.
- 60 SECONDS with Harvey Pitt. Leonhardt, Megan // REP.;Jan2013, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p17
An interview with Harvey Pitt, former chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), is presented. When asked about the appointment of Elisse Walter as the new chairman, he says that the move is outstanding. He offers insights about the impact of Elizabeth Warren's appointment to...
- SEC announces two new appointments. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;03/08/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30844, p3
Reports the appointment of Tracey E. Aronson as director of the Office of Congressional and Inter-Governmental Affairs and Susan Wyderko as director of the Office of Investor Education and Assistance of Securities and Exchange Commission in the United States.
- Oxley: High Bar Set For Finding Pitt's Successor. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/8/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31509, p5
Reports on the search for the successor of U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission chairman Harvey Pitt. Comments by Michael Oxley, House Financial Services Committee chairman, on works of Pitt.
- The SEC's New Pitt Bull. Wexler, Sanford // Traders Magazine;Aug2001, Vol. 14 Issue 186, p30
Profiles Harvey L. Pitt, designated chairman of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission of U.S. President George W. Bush. Educational and professional background; Involvement of Pitt in SEC; Views of Pitt on SEC rulemaking; Industry's reaction to the appointment of Pitt in the...
- Pitt's Latest Liberal Critic. // Traders Magazine;Sep2002, Vol. 15 Issue 202, p14
Reports on liberal lobbying group, Common Cause's criticisms against United States Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Harvey Pitt. Reason behind the criticisms; Pitt's answers to the criticisms.
- Taking the Heat. Insana, Ron // Money;Aug2002, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p57
Interviews United States Securities and Exchange Commission chairman, Harvey Pitt. Criticism of Pitt that he is too close to Wall Street executives to effectively regulate them because he is a former securities lawyer at the New York City firm Fried Frank Harris Shriver & Jacobson; Discussion...
- Senate Confirms Pitt as SEC Chairman. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/2/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31194, p4
Reports the confirmation of Harvey Pitt as chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission by the Senate in the United States.