Network DVR Inches Ahead
- CONFIGURING a DV Workstation. Ozer, Jan // EventDV;Apr2005, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p48
Recommends guide for assessing the cost savings benefits of configuring video recording equipment. Procedure for testing the time saving produced by digital disk recorders; Ways to boost the performance of a central processing unit; Methods for evaluating the system performance of the random...
- Correction. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/16/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 3, p52
A correction to the article "No TiVolution at Nielsen," published in the January 9, 2006 issue is presented.
- Journey to the Center of It All. Arlen, Gary // Multichannel News;3/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p42
Focuses on the status digital video recorder set-top storage industry in the U.S. Plan of broadband providers to sell digital video recorders in lower price; Reluctance of the consumer to buy digital media centers; Existence of compatibility feud between broadband providers and...
- EASY HACK: TURN YOUR PC INTO A COMBO TV/DVR. Broida, Rick // PCWorld;Apr2012, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p91
The article provides information on how to use the digital video recorder (DVR) system Windows Media Center, a television tuner, and an antenna to watch and record television programs on a personal computer (PC).
- PVRs: A Glimpse At The Future Of Ads. Takaki, Millie // SHOOT;7/26/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 29, p1
Presents studies on the potential impact of personal digital video recorders (PVR) on advertising in the U.S. Performance of the study by the Carmel Group; Estimation on the number of households with PVR by the end of the year; Names of PVR manufacturers.
- Stats. Goldrich, Robert // SHOOT;12/13/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 49, p4
Focuses on data related to personal digital video recorder (PVR) users in the United States. Percentage of people who bypass commercial with the use of PVR; Problems faced by advertising industry due to the popularity of PVR; Possible increase in users of PVR by 2005.
- CORRECTIONS. // Multichannel News;10/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p8
Presents corrections to two articles published in the October 17, 2005 issue of the "Multichannel News" periodical, including the launch of the DirectTV Plus digital video recorder.
- DIGITAL VIDEO RECORDERS. // Consumer Reports Buying Guide;2002, p38
Features the digital video recorders (DVR). Variation of hard-drive capacity in actual usage from a maximum of 20 to 60 hours of programming; Picture quality of DVR; Key features of DVR.
- DVRs fuel threat to TV taboo. McClellan, Steve // Hollywood Reporter;7/28/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 35, p4
The article focuses on the growing threat of Digital Video Tape Recorders' (DVR) popularity to television.