NEWS FROM THE WEB
- Universities pay shake-up. Ewen, Sophia // Public Finance;01/16/98, p6
Addresses the committee organized by higher education employers and the Universities and Colleges Employers Association (UECA) which focus on the salaries of higher education teachers. Reactions of some educational organizations on the committee; Government's attitude towards the salaries issue;...
- Exploring the causal link between FDI and human capital development in India. Kar, Sujata // Decision (0304-0941);Nov2013, Vol. 40 Issue 1/2, p3
This paper explores the spillover effects, both direct and indirect, of foreign direct investment (FDI) inflow on human capital development in India and also whether the latter causes the former or not. The results showed that there is only weak unidirectional causality from FDI to human capital...
- HUMAN RESOURCES: MANAGING YOUR MOST VALUABLE ASSET. Lynn, Jacquelyn // Commercial Law Bulletin;May/Jun2000, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p42
HUMAN RESOURCES: MANAGING YOUR MOST VALUABLE ASSET
- Office's health policies should go beyond sick days. Campbell, Karen M. // Business Journal (Central New York);1/17/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p11
Offers advice on how to formulate and implement effective employee health policies. Consequences of encouraging an employee afflicted with a contagious disease to report for work; Importance of acknowledging the threat posed by sick building syndrome to employee health; Benefits of investing in...
- HEALTH AND SAFETY. // People Management;10/15/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 20, p13
Presents updates on issues related to health and safety of employees in Great Britain as of October 1998. Accusations of the Suzy Lamplough Trust organization against employers that do not ensure safety for their employees; Training of safety representatives based on the European Week of Health...
- Live long, work healthy. Wendel, Sandra // Employee Benefit News;Dec99, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p31
Discusses ten health promotions trends for employees for year 2000. How meaningful work will enhance business goals; Importance of integrated productivity management; Significance of data-driven programs.
- on the web. // Workforce Management;Sep2011, Vol. 90 Issue 9, p6
The article focuses on topics related to personnel management discussed on the journal's web site www.workforce.com on September 11, 2011 which include employee wellness programs and people management strategies.
- Corporate Fitness Programs Become Hearty Investments. Trenk, Barbara Scherr // Management Review;Aug89, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p33
Reports on American companies that offer programs to improve or maintain their employees' health. Advantages of offering corporate fitness programs; Ways to improve employee health. INSETS: SEARCHING OUT THE JOB-SEEKERS;GOING FOREIGN WITH AMERICAN WORKERS;GETTING WELLNESS UNDERWAY;EMPLOYEES...
- Physicians willing to aid return-to-work. Elswick, Jill // Employee Benefit News;Jul2002, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the willingness of physicians to promote return-to-work initiatives for employees injured off the job, according to a survey by the Integrated Benefits Institute. Factor missing in treatment for non-occupational disability; Percentage of doctors who are willing to release a patient...