Business education is the way to get more women on boards
- The Bank borrows an idea - from Enron. Cohen, Nick // New Statesman;10/24/2005, Vol. 134 Issue 4763, p14
The article contends that the Bank of England is embracing U.S. energy firm Enron's questionable methods. The Bank of England is following Enron's personnel policy, where employees were graded into levels and top performers received lavish rewards. Those assigned to the bottom level were fired...
- BEST OF THE BLOGS. // People Management;Oct2011, p21
The article presents the views of several bloggers on issues concerning people management in Great Britain as of October 2011. Chartered psychologist Peter Honey criticizes the plan of some ministers to work as mentors to workless families. Louise Redmond, director at Law Debenture Governance...
- PEOPLE & POSTS. // People Management;1/27/2011, p37
The article announces appointments related to personnel management in Great Britain including Neil Roden at PricewaterhouseCoopers, Peter Goerke at Prudential and Louise Redmond at Law Debenture.
- BEST OF THE BLOGS. // People Management;Jul2011, p18
The article highlights some of the insights on human resources (HR) management from several bloggers of "People Management's" in June 2011. Louise Redmond, director of Law Debenture Governance Services, believes that HR needs to be calm in a time of crisis. Chartered psychologist and author...
- Sketches for a Portrait of Women Managers. Gvozdeva, Elena S.; Gerchikov, Vladimir I. // Russian Social Science Review;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p72
Characterizes women managers in Russia. Women's views on career; Female approach to personnel management; Leadership skills of women managers.
- Breaking down barriers to women's success. Wentling, Rose Mary // HRMagazine;May95, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p79
Focuses on barriers to the success of women managers. Survey; Future career goals; Perceived obstacles; Suggested actions.
- Radical restructuring leaves women out of management. Edwards, Christine // People Management;1/12/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p55
Outlines the author's research on human resource management (HRM) and organizational restructuring that leaves women out of management positions. Discussion of the findings of the research; Conclusion of the study; Highlights of the research.
- how women can get out of dead-end jobs. Lynch, Edith M. // Advanced Management Journal (03621863);Spring80, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p60
Looks at how women can advance into management positions. Reasons women are slow to advance into management positions; Ways of looking at a job.
- Ed Balls blasts lack of women on MPC. Dale, Samuel // Money Marketing (Online Edition);2/7/2014, p1
The article reports on the remarks of British Shadow Chancellor Ed Balls on the absence of women on the Bank of England's monetary policy committee (MPC). Balls criticised the all-male membership of the MPC and only one woman of 10 members on the financial policy committee (FPC), responsible for...