- EQUALITY UNDER THREAT. Ivory, Mark // Community Care;11/15/2007, Issue 1699, p4
This article looks at the implications of a green paper on discrimination law released in Great Britain in 2007. According to the author, the green paper would water down duties on public bodies to promote race, disability and gender equality. He indicates the concern of the Equality and Human...
- New equalities body fires broadside at green paper. Samuel, Mithran // Community Care;11/15/2007, Issue 1699, p9
The article reports that the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) criticized the plan of the British government to reform anti-discrimination law. The EHRC said the proposals would marginalize some groups. It adds that less popular issues, such as discrimination faced by gypsies and...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Community Care;7/31/2008, Issue 1733, p9
The article offers news briefs related to the community service in Great Britain. Anne Williams was appointed national director for learning disabilities at the Department of Health. The Equality and Human Rights Commission calls on the government to approve the Equality Bill for the protection...
- Equality examined. // Heating & Ventilating Review;May2011, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p13
The article discusses research from Great Britain's Equality and Human Rights Commission which revealed that the construction industry can also reduce costs and increase opportunities by addressing race, gender, age and disability diversity.
- Government consultations. // Education Journal;Dec2010, Issue 126, p36
The article offers information on several government consultation services related to education in Great Britain which include the Equality and Human Rights Commission: Draft code of practice on further and higher education, Skills Conditionality: Public consultation, and the Student Immigration...
- Salary to drop for next head of equality body. Kaffash, Jaimie // Public Finance;5/28/2010, p14
The article reports that the salary for the chief executive of the Equality and Human Rights Commission of Great Britain under the coalesced government is contracted.
- EHRC practical guidance on human rights. // Access by Design;Fall2011, Issue 128, p5
The article reports that the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) of the Great Britain has launched an online resource in August 2011 to assist public sector bodies in England and Wales in meeting human rights obligations.
- Inquiry to look into disability hate crime. // Community Care;6/17/2010, Issue 1823, p9
The article reports on the launch of major inquiry conducted by the Equality and Human Rights Commission to tackle the harassment of disabled people, which would require social workers, the public and other staff to submit evidence in Great Britain.
- Gay-only hotels to be investigated for discrimination. Payne, Jonny // Pink Paper;5/18/2011, p8
The article reports on the plans of the British Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) to investigate gay-only hotels in Great Britain in 2011 following a court decision wherein owners of the Christian Bed & Breakfast (B&B) were found guilty of gay discrimination.