OMHAR Reauthorization Legislation Expected to Be Introduced Today
- Finding an apartment in New York. // Back Stage;9/2/94, Vol. 35 Issue 35, p1
Discusses the various aspects of finding an apartment in New York City. Impact of choice of apartment on one's well-being; Factors to consider when apartment-hunting; Provisions under the Rent Stabilization Law; Information on the passage of the Rent Control Law; Advice for the apartment-hunter.
- PASSING ON APARTMENTS. // Landlord v. Tenant;Jan2012, p9
The article offers legal news briefs related to pass-on rights of tenants in New York.
- A Production Program This Year? Fogarty, Mark // National Mortgage News;03/19/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p23
Reports on Nixon Peabody lawyer Chuck Edson's issuance of a warning to his audience at the 2001 annual meeting of the National Housing & Rehabilitation Association that a multifamily production program may be legislated in the United States in the year 2001. Proposals for whom a government...
- Old apartment lawful in spite of zoning law. Voigtmann, Mark // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/27/97, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p33
Focuses on the court battle over the meaning of the zoning concept called `legal nonconforming use' on an old apartment building on the near-north side of Indianapolis. Details on the court battle; Background on the apartment dispute; Reasons why the Indiana Court of Appeals struck down the...
- NY without rent control? It will be possible in 1997. Townsend, Alair A. // Crain's New York Business;8/28/95, Vol. 11 Issue 35, p9
Opinion. Comments on the importance of rent control in New York City. New York State Legislature's adoption of vacancy decontrol for $2,000-plus apartments; City Council's deregulation of the apartments; Expiration of the existing state rent regulation law in 1997; US Senate majority leader...
- Lower Premiums Coming for FHA MF. // National Mortgage News;12/17/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p34
Reports the reduction of insurance premiums to multifamily lenders directed by the Federal Housing Administration in the United States. Review of Department of Housing and Urban Development on multifamily loan program; Views shared by Housing Secretary Mel Martinez; Advantages of the initiative...
- Rumble in Trumbull. Fleischer, Jo // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/22/95, Vol. 34 Issue 21, p1
Reports on the use of state housing laws by apartment developers in order to counter Trumbull, Connecticut's strict zoning regulations. Town officials' arguments against proposed projects; Intent of the Affordable Housing Act; 1989 lawsuit victory of Avalon.
- Congress approves Section 8 mark-to-market plan. Jacobs, Barry G. // National Real Estate Investor;Dec97, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p30
Reports that the US Congress has approved a legislation to deal with the problem of expiring Section 8 rental assistance contracts on the US Federal Housing Administration-insured multifamily projects that carry above-market rents in the United States. Features of the Section mark-to-market...
- PRIMARY RESIDENCE. // Landlord v. Tenant;Apr2010, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p8
The article reports on landlord's case against a tenant for nonprimary residence, and presented evidence such as auto registration records and surveillance video showing tenant never spent a night in the unit for 6 months at the least.
- Green light for 66 Isabella St building expansion. Salerno, Rob // Xtra (Toronto);1/26/2012, Issue 711, p9
The article reports on the Toronto and East York Community Council's approval of the proposed expansion of the apartment complex at 66 Isabella Street in Toronto, Ontario despite concerns that the addition would cause the building's floor plate to go beyond the limit allowed by the city's...