Tobacco Lawyers Believe Court Ruling Cements MSA Legality
- Despite the growth of smaller players, tobacco giants still reign. // Asset Securitization Report;5/7/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 18, p4
As the number of smaller tobacco manufacturers increases reportedly stealing away market share from the beleaguered tobacco giants and reducing payments that member states receive from the Master Settlement Agreement (MSA) investors are becoming concerned about the effect of these companies on...
- Few Qualify for Tobacco Review. Warner, Judy; Melillo, Wendy // Adweek Western Edition;06/28/99, Vol. 49 Issue 26, p41
Highlights the advertising agencies that qualified for the first public education contract from anti-tobacco foundation, Master Settlement Agreement National Foundation. Qualifications set for the bidders; Partnership plan of some agencies for the project; Why some companies were not allowed to...
- Defeated Tobacco Lawyers File Case With Supreme Court. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/3/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31195, p4
Reports on the lawsuit filed by A.D. Bedell Wholesale Co. against Philip Morris Inc., R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co. and Brown & Williamson Tobacco Corp. Filing of the lawyers of A.D. Bedell of request of review; Details of the lawsuit.
- Yields Rise as Market Begins to Hum Again. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the rise of the weekly yield index of "The Bond Buyer" in light to moderate secondary trading as there is a slowdown of activities after a holiday lull in the U.S.
- Wisconsin's New Leaders Tap Market for $430M. Shields, Yvette // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p12
The articl reports on the plan of Wisconsin to sell its 20-year general oblication bonds for 430 million dollars to fund bricks-and-mortar capital projects in the first debt issuance of the new administration.
- Top 25 issuers in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p22A
Lists the top 25 bond issuers in California, as ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes California Housing Finance Agency; Anaheim Public Finance Authority; Los Angeles School District; State of California; Bond assignments; Principal amount;...
- Top 25 underwriters in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p28A
Lists the top 25 bond underwriters in California ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes BancAmerica Securities Inc.; Paine Webber Inc.; Merrill Lynch & Co.; Smith Barney Inc.; Number of public finance bankers; Retail sales personnel;...
- Chelsea, Mass., returns to the market. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;10/14/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30251, p6
Reports that the town of Chelsea, Massachusetts is planning to issue general obligation bonds on the third week of October 1997. Value of the bonds at stake; Comments from town officials.
- Bond calls & redemptions. // Bond Buyer;10/14/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30251, p22
Presents bond calls and redemption results in the United States as of October 14, 1997. Issuers include the Huntsville Educational Building Authority in Alabama; Selma Hospital District in Sacramento, California; Rochester Hills in Michigan; Callers' names.