Alaska Issuer Sets $135M Tobacco Bond Sale
- Alaska Looks Forward to a Smooth, $132 Million Tobacco Deal. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;7/31/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31192, p3
Reports that Northern Tobacco Securitization Corp. is planning to issue bonds that will be secured by Alaska's tobacco settlement receipts. Total amount in bonds to be issued by the company; Reason behind the corporation's decision to use such bond structure; Expected rating of the speculated...
- Legal Challenge Fails to Cool Alaska Tobacco Bond Sale. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;10/13/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30995, p1
Reports on a legal challenge to Alaska's 115.5 million dollar tobacco settlement securitization. Bonds offered by the Northern Tobacco Securitization Corp.; Repricing of the bonds.
- Alaska Tobacco Deal Passes Court Muster. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;10/30/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31006, p42
Highlights the Alaska Superior Court's conclusion that legislation to dedicate a portion of the state's share of the national tobacco settlement to secure about $116 million in bonds sold by the Northern Tobacco Securitization Corp. is constitutional. Response to a lawsuit challenging the...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;8/14/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32444, p26
Several charts depicting statistics on the result of negotiated sales for government securities in various states in the U.S. for August 2006. The Northern Tobacco Securitization Corp. has a total bonds of $411,987,860, Fontana Unified School District with $90,000,000 and Peralta Community...
- Yields Rise as Market Begins to Hum Again. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the rise of the weekly yield index of "The Bond Buyer" in light to moderate secondary trading as there is a slowdown of activities after a holiday lull in the U.S.
- Wisconsin's New Leaders Tap Market for $430M. Shields, Yvette // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p12
The articl reports on the plan of Wisconsin to sell its 20-year general oblication bonds for 430 million dollars to fund bricks-and-mortar capital projects in the first debt issuance of the new administration.
- Top 25 issuers in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p22A
Lists the top 25 bond issuers in California, as ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes California Housing Finance Agency; Anaheim Public Finance Authority; Los Angeles School District; State of California; Bond assignments; Principal amount;...
- Top 25 underwriters in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p28A
Lists the top 25 bond underwriters in California ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes BancAmerica Securities Inc.; Paine Webber Inc.; Merrill Lynch & Co.; Smith Barney Inc.; Number of public finance bankers; Retail sales personnel;...
- Surprisingly strong retail sales rattle market. Patterson, Dean // Bond Buyer;10/16/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30253, p2
Reports on the result of bond trading in the United States on October 15, 1997. Effect of September retail sales and third quarter economic growth on trading; Prices of Treasury bills and bonds of different maturities.