After Audits, Counsel May Feel IRS Heat
- DOD waives bond requirements for DBE. Treiber, Donald // Business Credit;Feb1994, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p11
Discusses the Department of Defense (DOD) waiving of bond requirement for Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE). Encouragement of examination of interim rule.
- Wisconsin takes aim at convention with new POS format. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/15/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30394, p3
Focuses on Wisconsin's use of a more reader-friendly preliminary official statement (POS) for its two upcoming bond issues. Format of the POS; Advantages over traditional format; Securities and Exchange Commission's plain-English disclosure order.
- New Cook County Team Clears Way for Its First Deal. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;7/28/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33556, p8
The article reports that the Board of Commissioners in Cook County, Illinois has approved a master bond ordinance that allows the county to enter the bond market up to 425 million dollars of refunding bonds to balance the fiscal budget in 2011.
- GFOA adopts recommended practice for government issue of taxable debt. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;02/11/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30329, p4
Focuses on the Government Finance Officers Association's Committee on Governmental Debt and Fiscal Policy's adoption of recommended practice on issuing taxable debt. Features of the growing popularity of taxable bonds; Structural features that can provide long-term benefits for taxable bonds;...
- MSRB warns about issuers choosing underwriters' counsel. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;09/04/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30472, p5
Reports that the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) has warned bond issuers about selecting an underwriter's counsel. Issuers' need to disclose issuer-counsel relationship in the bond documents; Details of the MSRB's notice.
- Rein in the bond dealers! Ivins, Molly // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/20/95, Vol. 15 Issue 52, p1B
Comments on the need for the regulation of bond dealers in the United States. Losses of companies from mistakes of traders.
- Clinton's pipe dream. Bergsman, Steve; Baker, Marci // Treasury & Risk Management;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p8
Reports on US President Bill Clinton's proposed changes to the tax laws in order to stop companies from deducting interest on bonds with a maturity of over 40 years. Plans to raise $28 billion from corporations; Treasury Department's offer of transitional relief to some issues already in the...
- COMMITTEE ON SALES, EXCHANGES AND BASIS. // Tax Lawyer;Summer78, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p1333
Focuses on the adjustments to the basis of marketable bonds and securities in the United States. Information on gains from sale of residence at age 65; Details on worthless securities; Transaction between related taxpayers.
- Lawyers mull Treasury's electricity bond regulations. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;02/02/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30322, p4
Focuses on bond lawyers' mixed reactions to the US Treasury department's regulations for state and local governments that issue tax-exempt bonds for electricity output facilities. Assessment of regulations at a meeting of the American Bar Association Tax-Exempt Financing Committee; Recognition...