Molecular modeling of the reductase domain to elucidate the reaction mechanism of reduction of peptidyl thioester into its corresponding alcohol in non-ribosomal peptide synthetases
- Identification of Antifungal Agents Using Combinatorial Approach: An Overview$. Gupta, P.; Singh, S.K.; Srinivasan, T.; Kundu, B. // Current Medicinal Chemistry - Anti-Infective Agents;Jun2003, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p113
During the past two-decades the frequencies and type of life threatening fungal infection have increased dramatically among cancer patients, transplant recipients, patients with AIDS and patients receiving broad-spectrum antibiotic or parental nutrition. There has been a constant effort to...
- Crop fungal protection. Jamison, Judy // Nature Biotechnology;Dec2000, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p1233
Cites a study by researcher Ai-Guo Gao and colleagues on fungal pathogen protection in potato by expression of plant defensin peptide. Isolation and characterization of alfalfa antifungal peptide.
- LCMSA New Antifungal Isocoumarin from The Endophytic Fungus Trichoderma Sp. 09 of Myoporum bontioides A. Gray. Wensheng Li; Jiaxin Xu; Fenqi Li; Li Xu; Chunyuan Li // Pharmacognosy Magazine;Oct-Dec2016, Vol. 12 Issue 48, p259
Background: Myoporum bontioides A. Gray is a commonly used medicinal plant in China. Recently, the chemical and bioactive investigations to the endophytic fungi of this plant have led to several new compounds with antimicrobial and cytotoxic activities. To find out more active molecules, the...
- Molecular dynamics of lipid association at the hydrophobic interface of gramicidin S. Mihailescu, D.; Horváth, L. I. // European Biophysics Journal;1999, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p216
Abstract Gramicidin S was incorporated into dimyristoylphosphatidylcholine dispersions and the observed two-component EPR spectra of spin-labelled lipids at 30 Celsius were analysed by a two-stage algorithm, including spectral subtractions and two-site exchange simulations. A limited range of...
- The mode of antifungal action of plant, insect and human defensins. Aerts, A. M.; François, I. E. J. A.; Cammue, B. P. A.; Thevissen, K. // Cellular & Molecular Life Sciences;Jul2008, Vol. 65 Issue 13, p2069
Defensins are small (~ 5 kDa), basic, cysteine-rich antimicrobial peptides that fulfill an important role in the innate immunity of their host by combating pathogenic invading micro-organisms. Defensins can inhibit the growth or virulence of microorganisms directly or can do so indirectly by...
- Isolation of biocidal peptides from Daucus carota seeds. Yili, A.; Aisa, H.; Maksimov, V. V.; Veshkurova, O. N.; Arzanova, I. A.; Salikhov, Sh. I. // Chemistry of Natural Compounds;Mar2006, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p201
Two biocidal peptides were isolated from carrot seeds ( Daucus carota). Their fungicidal activity toward the pathogenic fungus Verticillium dahliae was investigated.
- SALIVA-DERIVED PEPTIDE SHOWS PROMISE AS ORAL ANTIFUNGAL AGENT. // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);May2004, Vol. 135 Issue 5, p571
Reports on the development of a saliva derived peptide that may be able to treat candidiasis and other fungal conditions in people undergoing chemotherapy or organ transplantation or those infected with HIV by biologists at the State University of New York in Buffalo, New York. Examination of...
- Effect of Eucommia Antifungal Peptide Against Aspergillus flavus. LIU Shi-hui; ZHAO De-gang // Natural Product Research & Development;Apr2008, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p332
Using paper-disc agar-diffusion method, the activity of Eucommia antifungal peptide 3 (EAFP3) against Aspergillus flavus were investigated. The results indicated that EAFP3 could effectively inhibit A. flavus. The minimum inhibition concentration (MIC) was 125 Âµg/mL.
- Identification and Functional Analysis of Antifungal Immune Response Genes in Drosophila. Li Hua Jin; Jaewon Shim; Joon Sun Yoon; Byungil Kim; Jihyun Kim; Jeongsil Kim-Ha; Young-Joon Kim // PLoS Pathogens;Oct2008, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p1
Essential aspects of the innate immune response to microbial infection appear to be conserved between insects and mammals. Although signaling pathways that activate NF-ÎºB during innate immune responses to various microorganisms have been studied in detail, regulatory mechanisms that control...