TWA HIRES FIRST NEGRO AIR HOSTESS
- AA recalls flight attendants. Forester, Crystal // Fort Worth Business Press;8/20/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p4
The article reports on the recall of American Airlines' flight attendants in 2007. A total of 660 flight attendants were recalled. A group of 460 former flight attendants of Trans World Airlines (TWA) have also been sent recall notices by American Airlines. According to the article, the group of...
- A Plea From Oceanic ATC. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Mar2015, p36
The article lists the common mistakes committed by business aviation flight crews such as Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) update failure.
- The Life of a Flight Attendant. Hood, Ann // Travel & Leisure;Nov99, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p198
Presents the story of the author as a flight attendant. How she started in the profession; Details on the training she underwent; Places she visited. INSET: 10 Things I Learned About Flying That I Still Use Today.
- Flight attendant course. // Travel Daily;12/12/2012, p4
The article reports on William Angliss Institute's new Certificate II in Tourism (Flight Attendant) courses from April 15-26, 2013 at the Industry Training Centre Sydney, New South Wales.
- Transportation Careers: Flight Attendants. // Careers for You!;2005, p25
The article presents information on career opportunities available for flight attendants. A flight attendant is one who assists passengers in pre-, mid- and post-flight procedures. The job opportunities include position with one of the many U.S. or international airlines, recruiter or...
- Safety Rules & Regs. // Air Safety Week;1/26/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p12
The article offers information about the requirements for flight crews when passengers are onboard. Specifically, when all passengers are boarding and deplaning, all flight attendants are required to be on the airplane. The proposed rulemaking allows one required flight attendant to get off...
- That Million-Dollar Smile. // Time;6/6/1969, Vol. 93 Issue 23, p112
The article offers information on the "Happiness Campaign" initiated by the Trans World Airlines Inc. to attract business in the U.S. The company grouped its employees into groups according to categories, giving them the chance to receive one million dollars in exchange for courtesy. Some of the...
- Last, But Not Least. Bond, David // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/7/2005, Vol. 162 Issue 10, p41
The article reports that Continental Airlines Inc., the last of the Big Six U.S. network carriers to ask its employees for major pay, benefit and work-rule concessions, is on the verge of getting them in record time. The company says it has reached tentative agreements with four unions that...
- T+L Journalâˆ£portfolio: Service with a Smile. // Travel & Leisure;Mar2008, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p154
Several photographs are presented which depicts female flight attendants in the U.S.