- LAOS: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jul2010, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p7
The article provides an overview of the political, economic, and business conditions in Laos in 2010, with details on the visit of Prime Minister Bousone Bouphavanh in Japan and the expansion of Vietnamese investment in the country.
- Laos: 2014 Country Review. Youngblood Coleman, Denise // Laos Country Review;7/1/2014, preceding p1
The article presents the 2014 issue of the journal "CountryWatch Country Review" that highlights the demographic, political, socio-cultural, environmental and investment information of Laos including its national security, government spending and stock market.
- LAOS: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jul2011, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p7
The article reports on the political, economic and business risks in Laos including the call to strengthen cooperation efforts among leaders of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN ) to combat transnational crime in the region, the signing of a memorandum of understanding between...
- BUCKING ENVIRONMENTAL GROUPS TO HARNESS THE MEKONG. // ASEANAffairs;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p23
The article offers information on the economic, political, and social status of Laos.
- PROFILE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Laos;Oct2008, p2
This article presents information on Laos, officially known as Lao People's Democratic Republic. The country has an area of 236,800 square kilometers which consists of rugged mountains, plateaus and alluvial plains. The estimated population of Laos as of 2008 is 6.7 million. This entry also...
- Country Overview. // Laos Country Review;2012, p1
The article offers information on the political and economic condition of Laos including its independence in 1954, command economy system, and poor economic status.
- RISK SUMMARY: LAOS. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jun2007, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p7
The article offers news briefs related to political, economic, and business development in Laos. The agreement between Vietnam's National Assembly and Laos' Thongsing Thammavong to organize study tours which hold meetings and seminars is explored. The country halted its importation of cement...
- LAOS: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Mar2011, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p7
The article reports on the business environment, political and economic risk in Laos including the announcement of the Cement Production Association that prices of cement products will be retained despite rising transportation costs, the bilateral meeting attended by Deputy Prime Minister and...
- Background Note: Laos. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Laos;Apr2007, p1
The article presents information on Laos, including its people, history, government and political conditions, economy and foreign relations. Ethnic groups to which the people belong include the ethnic Lao and Austro Asiatic. The country's first recorded history is traced to the emergence of the...