Energy Investment At Risk
- Private sector takes hydro plant. // Modern Power Systems;Jul95, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p5
Reports on Brazil's signing over of concessions of the state-owned Igarapava hydropower plant to a consortium of private investors. Financing; Project costs.
- Internal use prevents hydro experts. // Modern Power Systems;Jul95, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p12
Reports on Albania's failure to export electricity from its hydropower plants to the west or other Balkan states. Increase in internal consumption as reason; Approval of funding for improvements.
- Hydro prospers under economic reform. Xuemin, Cheng // Modern Power Systems;Jul95, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p29
Part II. Discusses the hydropower development in China. Introduction of the competitive bidding system; Sources of investment; Medium-sized hydropower plants; Mini hydro sets.
- Canadian province signs hydro deal. // Modern Power Systems;Mar96, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p12
Reports that the provincial government of British Columbia, Canada, has signed a memorandum of understanding with Pakistan's Northern West Frontier Province, covering cooperation on hydropower projects in Pakistan. Terms of the memorandum.
- Lifting foils. BOLON, PAUL // Popular Science;Jan82, Vol. 220 Issue 1, p14
The article reports on the power project which involves the use of water from irrigation canals in Central Valley, California to generate electricity.
- Hydropower developments--current projects, rehabilitation and power recovery. // Professional Engineering;06/11/97, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p56
Presents a seminar in Great Britain by the Fluid Machinery Committee on October 30, 1997 to examine developments in hydropower. Topics scheduled for discussion; Contact information.
- Energy solutions from environmental disasters. Dodman, Kevin // International Power Generation;Jan98, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p24
Reports on environmental concerns over China's Three Gorges hydropower project. Plant capacity; Structural volume; Storage capacity; Dam dimensions; Concerns over the possible loss of hundreds of historic sites.
- Contract signed on Mendoza project. // International Construction;Feb98, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p12
Discloses that the Argentine regional government of Mendoza has ratified the contract for the construction of the Potrerillos Hydropower project. Jose Cartellone Construcciones Civiles and Industrias Metalurgicas Pescarmona as the contractors; Terms of the construction plans.
- Drought cuts hydro output. // Modern Power Systems;Sep94, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p9
Reports on the drop in water level of the Vah river and its tributaries in western Slovakia due to extreme drought in the country. Resulting decline in hydroelectric output.
- Grid link signals power sharing. // Modern Power Systems;Nov95, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p3
Reports on the joint development plan of Armenia and Iran for a hydropower project plant in the Araks River in Armenia. Construction of power lines in Iran; Setting up of joint coordinating company to oversee the project; Total capacity of power plants.