I'm More Than My Physiology: Adolescent Trauma Patient in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Acute Care Nurse Practitioner as Hospitalist: Role Description. Rosenthal, Laura D.; Guerrasio, Jeannette // Critical Care Nurse;Feb2010 Supplement, p21
The article presents a reprint of the article "Acute Care Nurse Practitioner as Hospitalist: Role Description," by Laura D. Rosenthal and Jeannette Guerrasio, which appeared in "AACN Advanced Critical Care," Volume 20. It discusses the expansion of the roles of acute care nurse practitioners...
- Polytraumaversorgung auf der Intensivstation. Mann, V.; Mann, S.; Szalay, G.; Hirschburger, M.; Röhrig, R.; Dictus, C.; Wurmb, T.; Weigand, M. A.; Bernhard, M. // Anaesthesist;Aug2010, Vol. 59 Issue 8, p739
The treatment of severely injured trauma patients (polytrauma) is one of the outstanding challenges in medical care. Early in the initial course the patientâ€™s diagnostics have to be scrupulously reevaluated by an interdisciplinary team (tertiary trauma survey) to reduce deleterious...
- Trauma care inadequate in Britain. Dillner, Luisa // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);12/12/92, Vol. 305 Issue 6867, p1452
Reports the inadequacy of trauma care in Great Britain. Absence of intensive care units and equipments in major accident centers; Shortage of intermediate staff; Need to restructure the trauma service.
- Families' Perception of the Value of Timed Daily "Family Rounds" in a Trauma ICU. Mangram, Alicia J.; McCauley, T.; Villarreal, D.; Berne, J.; Howard, D.; Dolly, A.; Norwood, S. // American Surgeon;Oct2005, Vol. 71 Issue 10, p886
Daily communications between the ICU trauma patients' families and the trauma team are often limited due to the unpredictable nature of subsequent patient admissions and operative procedures. In order to improve the lines of family-physician communication and educate residents regarding family...
- intensivist. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1212
An encyclopedia entry for "intensivist" is presented, which refers to a medical professional who specializes in the care of patients in intensive care units.
- Benefits of a Dedicated ICU Clinical Pharmacist. Pierson, David J. // Critical Care Alert;Feb2009, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p83
The article presents the impacts of having dedicated intensive care unit (ICU) clinical pharmacists to the mortality rate of patients and their compensation on hospital rates.
- Goals-centered approach improves care in the ICU. Traynor, Kate // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;11/15/2003, Vol. 60 Issue 22, p2284
Reports that clinicians at Baltimore's Johns Hopkins Hospital have added a twist to the way medical rounds are conducted in the intensive care unit (ICU). Use of a patient-centered approach; Change in focus as a way to help the ICU staff members; Role of the approach in improving patient care.
- Delaware doctors to monitor Maryland ICU patients. // Medicine on the Net;Jun2008, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on a program called Maryland eCare, which allows physicians from Delaware to monitor intensive care unit (ICU) patients electronically in six Maryland hospitals. A critical care doctor or intensivist in Wilmington will oversee overnight care for about 150 patients, according...
- Clinical digest. Perceptions of inappropriate care have an adverse effect on intensive care staff. // Nursing Standard;2/8/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 23, p15
The article discusses research which was reported in the article "Perceptions of Appropriateness of Care Among European and Israeli Intensive Care Unit Nurses and Physicians" by R. D. Piers, and found that medical personnel with perceptions of inappropriate care have an adverse effect on...